Saturday, October 19, 2013

I'm a teen parent and I'm in need of help for caring for my coming up newborn baby?

baby travel systems toys r us on Top10ToysFor � New toys at Toys-R-Us
baby travel systems toys r us image



Labarron P


I'm in need of a list of things that'll help me take care of a baby boy. I'm a teen still in high school. Please give me a list of things I've have to do and things I'll need to take care of my son who will come into this world this August of 2013. Please NO crazy answers. Thanks.


Answer
I'm a teen parent as well to a baby boy :) receiving blankets works wonders so get lots of them! Bottles and a few pacifiers if you plan on giving your son one. I say a few because they tend to disappear alot lol. Get nice soft blankets as well and bibs. I would become a toys r us member and recieve emails for right now they are having a sale on wipes 448 ct for only $13! Stock up on wipes and diapers. For the diapers don't bother buying newborn unless your son is close to like 7lbs. Also you wouldn't want to buy the big box of newborn size diapers because they tend to grow out of them quicker. When you do buy diapers stock up in all different sizes helps alot! Clothes are very important. Marshall's has nice clothes but always look for sales. Onesies will also become your best friend and don't buy the baby gown thing for them to sleep in for its a pain in the ass. I found night outfits with zipperes much easier for when my son woke up in the middle of the night. You will need a crib, bassinet if you choose not to co sleep with your son. I have a changing table but barely use it for I co sleep and its so much easier to change him on my bed. Socks you will also need as well. Relax I know this may seem like a long list to a teen because I know it did too me! Just each day or week go out and get something you know you really need. Pack up on baby soap and get a baby bathtub as well. Get lotion bath towels and washcloths. Another thing you will need is nail clippers for a baby. Toys r us sells one with a magnify glass on it so you know what your doing, helps alot. If you are thinking about getting a pack n play, don't buy the complex one. They are expensive and a pain in the ass. Buy a nice cheap one and save money that you could put somewhere else. If you plan on not co sleeping buy a mattress protector for the crib and spare one too. I would go to wic now and apply they really can help out alot. Catch a lot of deals on baby water and formula as well. Get a swing and bouncer and stock up on batteries now. I would buy a travel system, Walmart has nice ones and they can be cheap. I hope I helped and congrats on your son. Don't listen to the people out there that say teens shouldn't have kids. People don't understand that shit tends to happen and I say fuck them all

What was the single most valuable piece of baby gear?




benandjerr


you ever used when your children were tiny? Was it a sling, a great diaper bag, a vibrating chair? Give me your input for the most important thing to have, bar none.
I have to multiply by two, because as we all know, my twins will be here in all their glory in Jul ;)



Answer
I had a great tub that you put in the kitchen sink. I used it on a daily basis for 7 months. It's inexpensive (12 bucks). I purchased it at Babies R Us. They also carry it at Toys R Us. It's by Summer (it's blue mesh w/ a blue plastic base). It looks like a piece of junk but it was awesome. I couldn't find it online so hopefully you have a store near you. The newborn lays comfortably in the mesh "sort of" hammock thing and you just wash and spray. You don't have to worry about him/her slipping or getting out of your hands.
We also purchased the Fisher Price bouncy seat and used it for forever ($49.99). And, I do love the stroller that we purchased (travel system by Chico). We use generic (Target) diapers and they've saved us a lot of $$$. You may want to try them too. No complaints here.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment