Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How does a "Travel System" work exactly?

baby travel systems cheap on BABY TRAVEL SYSTEM >> Baby Stroller Travel System | Travel Systems
baby travel systems cheap image



Andy


Registering and people said to register for a travel system instead of a car seat and stroller separately so they'll match and it'll be cheaper. How is it different? Can I use the stroller without the car seat? Or is it just a base to attach onto it? Which is a better thing to register separately or together?


Answer
It's a stroller for smaller or older babies that is convenient because the car seat fits into the stroller so you don't have to wake up the baby. Yes you can use the stroller without the car seat.

This is very important though: Don't register for your main gear based on how they look or online reviews. *Go test them out!* Make sure you feel comfortable using the stuff, and folding it up with one hand. Pretend you're holding a wriggling 5 month old in your arm, and you have to fold up the stroller and put it in your trunk without putting the baby down. Hang your purse and a heavy bag (such as a full diaper bag) on the back and make sure it's not tipping over for safety reasons. Drive it around the store, between the clothing racks, so you can see how hard or easy it is to maneuver in tight spaces..

What is a travel system and why does it cost £900?




Trixie


Apparently it's something to do with a car seat because that question said the car seat was included. But can't you get a really good car seat for well under $200? Why spend a thousand a bucks on a "travel system"? What all does it come with?


Answer
A travel system comes with:
A stroller
An infant Carseat which fits into the stroller
A base for the carseat which stays in the car

I was bought one for $1300 NZD for my baby, and it's a great combo - the stroller can be facing you or away from you, a bassinet for younger babies, an umbrella to keep the sun away, a storm cover, the infant Carseat, the Carseat base, interchangeable coloured padding for different looks, a large diaper bag and a storage bag with wheels. The stroller lays flat for a newborn, and holds up to a 4 year old.
I would never buy this for myself.
I spent a lot of money on a diono radian RXT for my baby, my 4 year old can still fit rear facing in it. The diono is a convertible seat from 5-120lb, so I don't want an infant seat.
My mother in law bought the travel system for me and out of politeness I have had to use it (the stroller is great, but I hate the infant seat) if it were my choice, I would have bought a cheap $100 stroller and use my diono radian RXT and not used the crappy infant seat.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment