Thursday, July 11, 2013

A question about car seats - which type would you buy?

baby travel systems quinny on Jane Trider Extreme Formula Travel System 2013 in Azzure in Azzure
baby travel systems quinny image



Maryam


Would you get a travel system for your newborn, and then buy a new car seat after the baby is approx. 20 lbs; or would you buy a convertible car seat (for 5 - 40/50 lbs) from the beginning, and buy a separate stroller?

Why?

Please help the first-time-mommy-to-be with your experiences. Thanks so much.



Answer
UGH! buying a stroller and carseat was my least favorite thing to do. It's so confusing as to which is better, travel system or separates. I decided that buying a separate car seat was safer for the baby, as a newborn and an older child need totally different things so I was hesitant on buying one that was suppose to be suitable for both. I was lucky, I ended up finding the stroller that I really liked first (quinny) this stroller came with a toddler seat so I had to buy the carseat seperate and it was compatible with the maxicosi. So the carseat just snaps into place on the stroller too, and when the baby gets older I just have to buy a different carseat. Good luck.
* I love mason - ditto on the travel systems being sooooo bulky *barf* have fun trying to get around stores narrow aisles in those ones!
oh and p.s. of course I did what I THOUGHT was safest for MY baby that's what moms do. and yes I researched until I felt comfortable with the decision I made, thanks!! All moms are different just like their babies!
* That's a great point too Meli, I forget how much I actually use the infant seat ALL the time for many different things.

Do you know any good pushchairs?

Q. I am pregnant with my 3rd child, please will you give me some pushchair ideas, I am thinking of getting a quinny. Before I had twin boys so I just got a double silver cross one.


Answer
Don't go for a quinny I had one for my daughter when she was born and I hated it she wasnt comfortable in it and the hood didnt offer much protection the seat was small I got rid of it after just 5 months and I got the pliko pramette instead and was alot happier with it I wish I had it from the start. Ive just had my second baby and ive went for the mamas and papas pliko pramette again and I am so happy with it, it is so cosy in pramette mode and easy to use and can be used as a travel system aswell so its compact but still has plenty of space for baby.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment