Saturday, July 13, 2013

What's your opinion on buying the infant travel system combo?

baby travel systems for small cars on cushions cushions and cushions!
baby travel systems for small cars image



???


I like the idea of the car seat with base and matching stroller combo. But I realize after a little while, I will have to buy another car seat since the infant travel system combo is for babies up to 22lbs. I currently have a practically new stroller.

So I was wondering if I should get the combo or just make do with the stroller I have and buy a convertible car seat, that I can use well after the infant stage?



Answer
Pros - don't have to pull a sleeping baby out of a car seat and dump him into a cold stroller.
-tons of storage room under the stroller
-baby faces you when in the car seat in the stroller
-so easy to pop the car seat in and out of the car with the base installed and you know it is in the correct position each time
-with both sun shades up on stroller and car seat it becomes completely sheltered from light or rain

Cons - Car seat and growing baby equals very heavy!! and getting heavier!
-stroller is big and bulky and hard to use in small shops or get through non automatic doors
-the peek through window shows his feet
-stroller doesn't fit in the trunk of a compact car or in a mid size car trunk if you have anything else in there
-stroller is very heavy to be lifting in and out of a vehicle

I have one of the Graco travel systems and yes I use it since it is the only stroller I have right now. I don't know if I would pay the money for a new one but since this was given to me I make the best of it. I'm getting an umbrella stroller though soon since my boy plus the car seat is just too heavy and he likes to face forward and sit up in his big stroller, the lighter smaller stroller just makes more sense now. However, not having to wake a sleeping baby (especially when you've taken him for a car ride to get him to sleep) is worth putting up with all of the cons!

what age can a baby sit in the stroller portion of a travel system?




C.C


I am going some place I think it'd be more comfortable for him to be in the big stroller part of travel system instead of the car seat portion he is 5 months and probably about 15 pounds. Not small but not huge either.


Answer
our son was born 2 months early so I'm glad I got a travel system. I would just hook his carseat on for a while...but then I think at around 3 months when he was about 10 lbs I would put him in the stroller itself (reclined of course) for short periods of time. He's 8 months old now and about 16.5 lbs and HATES to be in that carseat in the stroller...he likes to see where he is going...he actually hates to be in that little carseat period. We started putting him in a convertable seat around 5 months old when he was about 13 lbs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment