Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What are your top ten baby products ever?

baby travel systems deals on United States From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation ...
baby travel systems deals image



Expecting!


I am starting to shop for the new baby and i am worried i will forget something. What were your must haves? What was a waste of money and what do you wish you had but didn't.


Answer
1 - carseat (I like the travel system with stroller kind)
2 - baby carrier - I love the Ergo carrier but also have several others that seldom get used. A Moby wrap is nice for nursing though & good for newborns
3 - clothing of course & whatever type of diapers you plan to use (cloth or disposables)
4 - diaper changing table/station - ours is downstairs & it makes it so much nicer than going up & down stairs all day.
5 - breastpump - but I had to go back to work - it's not as necessary if you stay home & then of course all the stuff that goes with that...breastpads (I think Johnson & Johnson make the best disposables AND cloth ones) - Lansinoh cream for nipples, milk storage bags (they warm MUCH faster whether frozen or just refrigerated), bottles of some sort....my preference is Second Nature
6 - exersaucer - my first LIVED in this thing as soon as he could set up & still asked to get in after he could walk...LOL
7 - Boppy Pillow or Breastfriend - whether you nurse or not - it is a back saver!
8 - Swing - baby may or may not love it. My first hated the swing & never never took to it - but you can't know until you know & many babies love them. They will be a lifesaver if baby likes them for things like showering.
9 - Bumbo Seat - my first loved this thing & we used it until he didn't fit in it. He loved to eat there instead of the highchair..so we packed the bulky highchair up after a certain point & I don't plan to even bother getting it out this time. Our Bumbo has a tray & everything - so it's totally sufficient.
10 - Swaddle-me blankets. Both my babies have loved swaddling but I never got one of these until this time - now I own 5...LOL They are wonderful for a baby that likes swaddling!

Stuff we didn't need that we bought or were given:
With my first - the swing - total waste, same with the highchair
We bedshare with our babies, so I don't really need a bed for them that first year...but I do keep a bassinet for naps, etc. I bought a crib for my first after he was a year & attached it to our bed to give us all a little more room. We didn't need one or want one until then. The nice part is because I waited & just kept an eye out for a deal I got a nearly $500 crib for $99 ob clearance. You definitely don't need a bed in a bag for your crib. They recommend you don't use any bedding in with baby & also no bumper...so just buy the sheets & bedskirt as that is all you are supposed to use anyway. I didn't even do that - since it was attached to our bed I bought an extra twin bedskirt to match our bed & twin sheets. The I made the bedskirt work with tucking & safety pins & I use these: http://www.google.com/products?q=snug+sheets+clips&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Gz7NS5SDA4WsNe_ciNMP&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDEQrQQwAg to make the sheets snug. It's very easy.

How much do babies really cost?




~julybaby~


Between the initial furniture for the baby room, stuff you register for and what people really get you for the baby shower, and diapers and formula, etc...
In your experience, how much do you think you spent on baby the first year? Just looking for examples in your experience! We're ttc and am just curious. Thanks!



Answer
My son is almost six months and we have already spent so much!

Crib-$300
Breast Pump-$250
Travel System-$240
Pack n Play-$130
Convertible Car Seat-$100
Bottles-$30-40
Clothes- around $500
Formula-$120/month
Diapers-$60/month
Wipes-$15 for two months (Costco has a great deal and the wipes are like the Pampers wipes)
Baby Cereal-$4/month
High Chair-$50
Pacifiers-$20-30 these past 6 months
Infant tub-$15
Diaper Genie-$30
Diaper Bag-$50

These were all brand new things.

When you start solids you can make your own food easily, that will save you a LOT of money. You'll get things for your baby shower, too. Also, all that was not including his toys, like his swing, jumperoo, play gym, rocking chair, little toys and rattles, bibs... it's really not that bad, just make sure to start buying a few things when you're pregnant, that is my biggest regret. We waited until he was born, so it took out a huge chunk. Monthly, though, after you get the big things, it costs us about $200-$250 a month.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment