Wednesday, September 25, 2013

If you sold your used Travel System how much did you charge?

baby travel systems best on Graco DuoGlider LX Twin Stroller Review
baby travel systems best image



Mama <3


I am selling my Baby Trend Gabriella travel system. This thing was expensive! We bought it new and its in great condition but it is used. So we paid nearly $400 for the set! I was thinking $75? It this reasonable?

Thanks!
I must add its in perfect condition. I washed the pads and wiped it down. There isnt a mark or stain on it!



Answer
When selling my no longer wanted, used items. I tend to divide the new retail price in half, and then move it up or down according to condition.

$75 is a steal, but you don't want to go too much higher, as those looking for used, will buy a cheaper system brand new, rather than pay more for a pricier used model.

I'd probably list it around $125, as it's worth more than $75, but I'm just not certain you could get the full $200 for it, when you can buy a cheaper set up, brand new for under $200.

For how many years is a typical baby travel system safe?




Erika B


We have an almost 4 yr old and are due with our second child in 5 months. We have everything we need, but a friend warned me against using our carseat and stroller again, becuase it may be out of safety regulation being almost 4 yrs old. It's a Chicco KeyFit 30, and had great safety ratings when we purchased it. Any one know typically how many years a travel system is good for?


Answer
Most car seat brands are 6 years from the date of manufacture. The KeyFit 30 is still considered to be a great seat. Flip it over and look for a "do not use after" date stamped into the shell. Once you're sure it's not expired, use the model number off the seat to search for a recall- for any seat. For the KeyFit, Chicco has only had one recall since 2001 and I don't think your seat was produced between the dates for the recall, here it is http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/childseat.cfm#mfg_anchor




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment