Saturday, November 16, 2013

What is a good stroller for airline travel?

light baby travel systems on ... Car Seat Cover | Zebra Light Pink Infant Car Seat Cover by Ritzy Baby
light baby travel systems image



Kelly


I have a four month old and I do not want to hassle with taking my whole travel system on the plane. My in-laws have a car seat for us so all I need is something compact and easy that I can use for an infant, preferably that can go in the overhead or captain's closet. I love the travel system I have here at home so I do not want to spend more than like 100 dollars on this one b/c I won't use it much. Any suggestions?


Answer
I've done lots and lots of flying with my infant (he's nine months and we've been averaging a trip every two months) and I'm actually wondering why you don't want to bring your travel system? The airlines I have flown (Continental, Northwest, American) have all never said a peep to me about checking both my car seat and the stroller. I have a Snap n Go by Baby Trend (this was 60 dollars at BRU) which I LOVE simply because it is so light...but the only time that would be nice in an airport is when you have to lift it onto the conveyer belt to get xrayed. I have found the stroller incredibly handy because you can stow things in the basket and hang your carryon from the handle bars, etc. I don't know why you would want to bring a smaller stroller since the airlines have no problem with checking it at the gate...that means they do all the lifting.

Is there a Car Seat from Graco thats similar to Chicco Cortina 30 Travel System?




MommyTo


A travel system from Graco that is similar to the Chicco Cortina 30 Travel System, but lighter weight?


Answer
No need for a travel system :) Pick a good quality stroller that you like, make sure it reclines flat for use until baby can sit upright. Buy the car seat separately and don't use it with the stroller- it's not good for baby to be in a car seat any longer than they need to.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment