Monday, March 31, 2014

Are there any Jeep stroller travel systems?




Shelley


Im looking for a travel system stroller and like Jeeps's strollers. Was just wondering if they have travel systems.


Answer
Jeep strollers at least the all terrain ones can accommodate a bunch of different infant car seats to form a travel system. The vendors that have car seats that can be used to form a travel system with Jeep strollers are: Baby Trend, Britax, Chicco, Cosco, Graco, Peg Perego and Safety 1st."

Hope that helps. Good luck with finding the right stroller, I have a Baby Trend Jogger and I love it. The all terrain strollers are so durable.

double stroller or travel system?




NYCchickie


We are ttc baby #2. If I get pregnant as fast as I did with my first, my daughter will be just shy of 2 years old when the new baby is born. I'm just wondering should I purchase a double stroller, or keep the stroller I have for my daughter and get a travel system for the new baby?? I don't know what option is best.
I guess I should mention I am looking into jogging strollers for the fact they have good tires on them as I walk on the beach.



Answer
For your sanity get a double stroller! My daughter was 21 months old when my son was born. In the beginning I tried just putting his infant carrier in my daughter old Snap & Go stroller and letting my daughter walk. This would work for awhile until my daughter got tired, cranky, or just wanted to act like a two year old. When I didn't have a stroller to put her in things got ugly!

I ended up getting a Combi double side by side stroller. The infant carrier would fit in one side and my 2 year old in the other. This stroller does the job but its not a great stroller. It can really only be used on smooth surfaces like the mall. Even on sidewalk around the neighborhood it rides too rough and the kids are almost ejected if I hit a crack in the sidewalk!

I also have a Baby Jogger City Series double jogger. That is an AWESOME stroller although very expensive and heavy. They do offer a Mini version now that looks great and also has an adapter for an infant carrier. It's worth checking out if you have the money to spend. Oh, I just noticed your comment about walking on the beach. The Mini version has smaller tires so it probably wouldn't work for that. I have taken my Baby Jogger on the beach before. It works great on the hard/wet sand but its still impossible to push on the very soft sand. It also has an adapter for an infant carrier.

Now for the stroller I WISH I would have purchased when my son was born! The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller. It has an optional full size back seat that you can use when your oldest child still needs a full seat for long rides or naps. Then when she is older you can remove the back seat and use it as a traditional Sit N Stand stroller. There is also a bar that can attach to the front to allow you use it with your infant carrier while the new baby is still very young - A MUST IN MY BOOK!

You may end up wanting two strollers like me. I keep my small double in the car for outings and my jogger stays out in the garage for walking around the neighborhood - its just too heavy and bulky to get in and out of the car a lot.

Good luck! The first few months are tough with two but its true what people say about them playing so good together when they get older, well at least when they aren't fighting!

Julie

http://www.stroller-obsession.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment