Tuesday, April 1, 2014

poll: travel system OR light weight baby strollers?




Rodi= Yass


i like the travel system,but its so heavy and bulky even when its folded..
i like the light weight because its light!! but i still need a car seat... what should i do?
@ jen, i wish they were that cheap in my counrty :( the travel system costs around 480 $ and the light weight is around 130 $ :(
i cant afford both



Answer
OK, so I have both....Travel system and convertible seat and light weight stroller. Yes the travel system is conveienant when they are newborns and sleep alot, b/c the infant carrier can just be taken out of the car, without disturbing the baby. It's very nice that the infant seat secures to the stroller too. Especially b/c most light weight/umbrella strollers don't recline or have infant neck support. However.....Had I known that my son was going to outgrow his infant seat at 7 months, I would have skipped the travel system completly. My travel system was extremly expensive, Graco Quattro ($250), and now that my son is 1 year, it barely even gets used at all (the stoller stays at my moms now, just for when he goes there sometimes). I love my convertible seat, I have the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 ($100 @ Costco or BJs) and never need another car seat again. The lightweight stroller I have is the Chicco Capri. It's a very good quality umbrella stroller, that wasn't cheap either ($80) It's not a flimsy plastic type. The handles are higher up,(my fiance is 6' 2" and doesn't have to be all hunched over to push it), the frame is metal, but it's still super light, and I love it. Once I finally started using that, I questioned myself why I was such a jack*** to be luggin the big heavy stoller around all those months. If you can't afford both, I highly suggest getting a good convertible seat and a nice lightweight stroller....Both of those will be used for MANY years, whereas the travel system will probably only really be useful for several months (at least the seat part anyway), you can use the stroller for many years, but they are very bulky, and you would still need another carseat anyway.
Hope I helped.

Here is what I have
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028964
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4201518 (did not buy at Babyrus, boought it much cheaper at Costco)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3420746

Do you think a light pink baby travel system will get too dirty?




;-)


I have seen a travel system that I want if I have a girl. It's a graco and it's light pink. Would it get dirty fast because it is light pink? Or should I buy another color?
I don't plan on having anymore children.



Answer
I bought a dark blue Graco stroller when I was pregnant with my first. We got a lot of use out of it! Then when baby #2 showed up we bought a dark blue tandem stroller which I hated! That thing didn't turn well. Anyway we used the first stroller with the second baby too. And it seems no matter how clean you try to keep it, if you're using it A LOT like we did it always gets a bit dirty. I'd have to think that on pink it would really show more. I'm guilty of looking at a pink one myself now~~my kids are 8 & 6 so I long ago sold all my baby stuff and now I'm pregnant again!!

Even though I like this pink one I don't dare buy it. I have no idea what I'm having yet, plus I plan to be pregnant at least one more time after this and if that's a boy, I don't think he'll appreciate the pink stroller!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment