Saturday, March 15, 2014

baby shower for a second baby?




lizgas


My daughter is 16 months old. She will be 19 months when I have my second baby. I am hopeing I dont get any baby showers. I am having another girl and I just dont like the idea of getting a shower since I am having the same gender. I dont mind celebrating but I dont want people to go out and get me a preasent (typical of a baby shower) If your children are under 2 years apart and had the same gender did you get a baby shower? was it ackward?

I have been saving all of my daughters things. I have things in the closet that never got worn, are too small but they still have the tag on. i know I wont be having anymore children after this (for at least 4-5 years) i know this isnt really a question just figured what you would do in my situation.

I already know what things I do need to purchase, but if you can give me an idea of other things you think i might need.

onesies
new bottles
an umbrella stroller (I already have a chico travel system, or I would like to get one of those cool strollers I can with both children at the same time)
a sling
breast pump (i work full time, last time i used a manual pump and it took too long, i looked in to renting one from the hospital, waiting to see if they work with my insurance, but if you can get me any tips on getting an affordable one)

If anyone suggest to just register for the items I need, well I am soooo Mexican I dont think my relatives really know what a registry is LOL (they didnt pay attention to the registry I had with my daughter LOL)

oh yes I am 18 weeks 5 days



Answer
If someone feels that they should have a shower for the new baby, ask them if they could throw a diaper shower. Diapers are always something you need with new babies. I'm having twins, and I was given two showers, one baby shower, and a diaper shower. I have SOOOO many diapers, but if you leave them in the package, most stores will take them back and let you exchange them for the size that you need.

These days most people feel that every baby should get a celebration, but you can always tell people no thank you. Or, let them buy things and take them back to the store and get what you really need.

Good luck & Congrats!

Is Graco Spree a good travel system for a new born? Any feedback please?




kroket75





Answer
Although I have a Graco infant seat, I think travel systems are over-rated and cumbersome. Once your baby grows out of the infant seat, you are stuck with this big stroller. The more kids I have, the more I feel the stroller should be lighter, narrower, easy to turn with one hand. Those bigger strollers are hard to navigate in a shopping setting or crowded zoo, etc.

My best friend recommended (she has 6 kids and 2 are twins) buying a snap and go for the infant seat. It's a basic stroller that is very light and made just for the infant seat to snap into. At around $60.00, it won't break the bank. Then, when the baby grows out of the infant seat (around 6-7 months), move into a better stroller like Maclaren. You can get great deals online and free shipping. After you "drive" a Maclaren, you won't like those travel system strollers. I had a travel system that was a gift for my first child, but I always pick my Maclaren.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment