Sunday, April 20, 2014

baby shower registry question?




Meridith


I am working on thinking about having a baby shower. I don't plan on knowing the sex of the baby, and I don't want a lot of things i will never need. My plan is to have the bare minimum when the baby comes home from the hospital. So, I know I will need a car seat, diapers, and some clothes, but what else could you have not lived without with your brand new baby? I am planning to just buy things as I need them so I don't have a lot of wasted money and extra stuff. Thanks!
Thanks... I am not throwing myself a baby shower, but I am registering for gifts for one. Thank you very much. Also, I am not an idiot. I know that I need to be able to feed and provide for a baby. I was looking for the essentials, and trying to week out the gimmicky things that no one ever uses, but everyone buys. Just want to save some money.



Answer
Skip the cutesy dressy outfits. Baby is too young at this age to wear them and, odds are, they will be ruined by spit-up, diaper blowouts and formula/breastmilk anyway. You will save A LOT of money by waiting until baby is older to get those outfits.

Also...since you are probably having your baby at the beginning of winter. You could probably hold off on the stroller for a bit. If you do get one....save some money and get the travel system that has both car seat and stroller. Baby won't go in stroller very easily without car seat that sits in it, anyway.

Skip the cute nursery bedding set. You can't use the quilt on baby....and the sheets are overpriced. Instead, maybe, invest in some nice wallhangings SEVERAL crib sheets (at least five) and lots of receiving blankets (great for baby...swaddling, burp cloths, etc....).

Skip the mobile until baby is a bit older. They don't really look at those until the are about 4-8 weeks old. Go for one that has bright, primary colors and contrasting patterns....the cute pastel ones aren't very stimulating for them.

PERSONALLY....I didn't like the Boppy (breast feeding pillow). I found that a large King Sized pillow worked better and was more adjustable. Get a King Sized Pillow and save some $$!!!

Diaper Genie....nothing is ever going to cover up the smell of poop. Just get in the habit of wrapping individual diapers up in plastic shopping bags and emptying your trash can about twice a day.... PLUS the liners are ridiculously expensive!!

Changing Table....I changed my babies in their crib, on our bed, on the floor. Changing tables are just not neccesary. Besides....I always felt safer about baby being on the big bed, the low floor and her safe crib.

Skip the baby oil.....it's nasty, greasy stuff. You'll never use it. If you want to give massage to your baby just get the Johnson's Massage gel. It's cleaner and easier to get off of baby afterwards!!

I make diaper cakes and only use PREMIUM diapers in them....however, with my 2nd daughter I gave the WalMart PARENT'S CHOICE brand a whirl. Guess what? They work better than Pampers or Huggies on my daughter. I save A LOT of money buying these diapers instead of the expensive ones and they do not leak. I have heard good things about White Could and Target brand, as well. So....you may want to test some store-brand diapers out on your new baby. You'll be amazed how much money you can save in a year. (For me....I had TWO in diapers at the same time for a year and a half. Switching to store brand saved me $1000.00, at least (no joke!)). WARNING, though....don't buy the grocery store generics though. THOSE tend to be really inferior.

Skip the diaper bag....you'll get one at the hospital. It's black and basic but amazingly useful.

Basics you SHOULD get:
Receiving Blankets (I'd get at least 10)
Crib Sheets (I'd get at least 5 sets)
Hooded Towels (at least 2)
Onesies, Onesies, Onesies (get at least 10...maybe 15 your baby will LIVE in these!!)
Footed pajama/sleepers/rompers. So nice!!! At least 4 pairs of these for the new baby....especially if born during cold month.
Soothing CD for baby...heartbeat sounds works wonders to calm baby if he/she tends to be fussy.
Gas Drops....Mylicon drops. Great for a fussy baby that can't get the hang of burping (a gas bubble can keep EVERYONE up for hours in the middle of the night!!)
Baby Bjorn front Carrier Type Thing....GREAT for trips to the grocery store. You can get these for less than $20.00 these days...your hands are free to shop and baby is happy being so close to you. I used this on my youngest daughter until she was almost a year old....SHE LOVED IT!!!

HOPE THIS HELPED!!

Looking for the best Travel System?




Korin


Can some one give me some brands that they like for travel systems? I really like the 3 wheel ones and black,green and gray colors. The price being under 300.00 would be nice. Please help I'm so tired of reading reviews and changing my mind!
Thanks! BTW I'm due Oct 3rd :)



Answer
I have a graco and love it! The car seat fits a baby up to 32 lbs witch is a huge plus. My daughter loves the sitting in her car seat. The stroller is nice and easy to fold, you can use one hand! also when folded the tray and all the parts baby touches is inside so they don't touch the ground. also, when we got our car seat check the lady from children's hospital said that the car seat is top of the line and will be very sturdy in a car accident
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3224013




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment