Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Choosing a pram/ travel system is driving me crazy! There are so many!?




GemTTC #2


I am getting so confused as to which is the best. Plus I live in Spain where they are so expensive for a cheap plastic looking one so I will order it over the internet from an English site.

So, what buggy/pram/travel system did you buy? What you recommend? I am planning on buying a decent enough one because its my first baby but don't want to spend more than 300pounds.

Thank you! Your advise is really appreciated!



Answer
Hello hun, I have to disagree with your 3 answers both Graco and Chicco are TERRIBLE brands.
The 3 worth buying are the Quinny Buzz 3 or 4 depending on whether you favour 3 wheelers or 4, The Bugaboo Bee which is the lightest smallest travel system on the market, not to mention the most popular, and last and my personally least favourite is the MacLaren XT.
I personally shopped around and got an amazing deal on the Bugaboo Bee.. it included the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat, the cocoon, the footmuff, rain cover and adapters all for under £500 ... there are various places on line doing deals on the Bee so dont let the advertised prices put you off... Try this site http://ladybugsbaby.easywebstore.co.uk/Bugaboo-Bee-Newborn-Package_AICQZ.aspx or elsewhere.
Graco are cheap and badly made, you are also unable to use good quality carseats with them, and you will most likely regret buying one so much that you will end up buying something to replace it.
Maclaren, i personally dont like, but many people find after 6 months to a year they are buying a lightweight stroller in addition to their travel system. That is why the MacLaren XT or XSI are good options as you can use them for your baby and then later as a lightweight stroller. The Bee does this too and i prefer it by far.
We also looked on Kiddicare and loved the MaxiCosi Loola (NOT the loola up) but thought it might be too heavy, and big. but it is fab!

Hope that helps... xx

About to become a single mom as husband left me, how can I do this financially? Scared to death!?




AJ


I am 6 months preggers and husband left me 1-1/2 months ago. He went back to the UK where he is from. He is signing off all parental rights and I am getting no child support (he doesn't want the baby so I am not giving him any custody therefore no child support). The only debt I have is my mortgage, which is 850 a month. I make about 28k to 30k a year. No car payment, no credit cards. But I am freaking out how I am going to financially support myself and my child. Fortunately I live in a cheap part of the country and have a good support system. Any help/tips/advice from single moms would be appreciated.


Answer
Whew - actually you are super lucky. You will avoid HUGE amounts of drama without him around - no child support is WORTH it to avoid the drama of his future girlfriends, wives, travel, family holiday split ups, etc etc. So you lucked out there.

$850 is nothing especially if you have support - & honestly the first year all you need to be able to afford is diapers. Babies don't NEED all the stuff they get at baby showers, it's just cutesy stuff mostly.

Sounds like you have things pretty much together, although I know it FEELS scary (I've been there), you will be 100% fine & so will your kid. Relax & take comfort that many have done a wonderful job & had a great life with worse circumstances than yours! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment