Sunday, May 4, 2014

How can I find a job in another country?




Chris


I'm currently an OSU student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing and International Business but I may change to International Business and Finance. I am currently looking at leaving the states to find a job because the idea of foreign travel has always excited me and being someone who appreciates a good challenge I would like to work hard. I am looking for a business carrier in some country other than the United States, preferably a country with a larger manufacturing base than the States because the level of consumption here is simply unsustainable and I for-see the population aging and there being a large demand for jobs but the US entering a catastrophic depression because of the lack of consumer spending in the market. After the baby boomers finish retiring their peak spending years will be over and i'm for-seeing a massive withdrawal of business in the US.

This long confusing reason is really the main reason I would like to find a job in another country that is more economically sustainable and not basing their economy on the US dollar. Countries that fit this criteria that I have looked at are primarily non EU countries and not China. Australia, Turkey, and perhaps someplace like Johannesburg are like this so could someone please tell me if my ideas make sense and how I could find a job in another country if I don't have ties with anywhere but the US or Turkey?



Answer
I see.....I have been contemplating the same thing for many reasons for ~ 2 years now and I have come across many college students who have the same concerns but do NOT under any circumstance want to talk about it in detail.What you have laid out is also the main reason why Medical jobs are currently on the rise Nursing and Doctors are going to be in demand over the next ~20 years.........but what about beyond that ?

I have come to the conclusion that perhaps it is best to immigrate to a country that has the following:

1.Responsibility to its citizens

2.Has political and financial freedom

3.Speaks English

4.Has a system somewhat close to that of the US.

5.Responsible Universal health-care

6.Will be around strategically close to the BRIC countries but not influenced by them.


Australia or New Zealand fits this criteria.Your South Africa idea is NOT a good idea and you should check out the Britishexpat.com forums to see why.Your degree in International Business and Finance can also open a lot of doors around the world but mainly in developing countries.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment