Thursday, June 19, 2014

Can anyone give me advice on a stroller/travel system??




allybd76


Any advice? good/bad.... Any suggestions or experiences are appreciated.

We registered for the Eddie Bauer® Adventurer Travel System - Cambridge, but I read some reviews and many people have not given favorable reviews. PLEASE HELP!!!



Answer
Go to Babies R Us and test drive strollers.. We got ours as a gift a Graco Travel system.. The infant car seat was nice, but we didn't use the stroller very much.. Then when we had another baby two yrs. later we ended up buying a tandem stroller with a standing/sitting jump seat.. Joovy ! I love it.. Becasue it folds nearly flat and weights quite a bit less than our Graco. The infant seat adapter comes with it! I would suggest maybe buying a used or borrowing a Graco travel system if you can.. They are nice, but really heavy and take up a ton of room and they are a pain to fold... If it were me and I was looking for a stroller I would opt for getting a car seat that was for 5lbs-40lbs or 80 lbs and getting a regular lightweight stroller... Especially if you have more than 1 vehicle if you wanted a base for each car atleast for the graco strollers it's an extra $40... However, I got one at a garage sale for $10.. It's all dependant really on how much you want to spend and how much you are going to use it.... Look at ebay or Craigslist and see if you can get one used.. I'm selling ours with an extra infant seat/base for $70. The Graco's atleast retail for $170 for the travel system.... Good luck

Where can I find car seat/stroller travel systems for girls that are NOT pink and under $200?




highgoals2


Where can I find car seat/stroller travel systems for girls that are NOT pink and under $200?
I live in northern Indiana. I can order online (for stores that offer online purchases)



Answer
Things to consider. Why? I mean, except for transporting your baby in the car, a car seat should not be used for things like riding in the stroller, or on shopping carts, or things like that. It comes from the studies done in the last year or so that shows that a baby left to sleep or sit in an inclined position for too long can get into an oxygen lowered state. Ie, it's not good for them to be in an inclined position like a car seat for longer than 2 hours full in a day, until they're older than about 6 months old.

Now, since recalls done on strollers are far less than recalls done on car seats, you can get the stroller from someone selling second-hand (just doublecheck recall lists) and get a better car seat. The Chicco brand stroller, for instance, lays flat, making it usable from newborn on up. :) On Ebay, I can see a few for under $100 (make sure they say fully reclining.) I'm sure you could find some at Craigslist as well. :) Otherwise, you could consider using a baby chest carrier for the first few months until your baby is old enough (3-6 months) to sit at a slight incline, then you can get a stroller that nearly reclines all the way.

If you do that, my favorite travel system is the Baby Trend, at least to recommend to people. It's under $200, the car seat is one of the top safety rated (though the buckles are a pain in the neck I'll warn you now), and the stroller is a jogger that you can use as a stroller. I LOVE ours. They recline far enough back for about 2+months, so I wouldn't put a newborn in it, but if you can last the 2 months then it lasts to 40lbs. Only negative is that the basket is only rated to carry 5lbs, so you can't bring a huge diaper bag with you (or if you do you have to carry it.)

Shoot though. If you're dead set on a travel system, you can always find someone selling the stroller that goes with a travel system, buy that for a cheaper price, and then use the rest of the money to get the car seat, and get it cheaper that way. But I'm not a fan of travel systems. To me it seems like it ropes folks into thinking a baby should sleep in the car seat and it's just not safe.
=




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment