Monday, June 16, 2014

Choosing a pram/ travel system is driving me crazy! There are so many!?




GemTTC #2


I am getting so confused as to which is the best. Plus I live in Spain where they are so expensive for a cheap plastic looking one so I will order it over the internet from an English site.

So, what buggy/pram/travel system did you buy? What you recommend? I am planning on buying a decent enough one because its my first baby but don't want to spend more than 300pounds.

Thank you! Your advise is really appreciated!



Answer
Hello hun, I have to disagree with your 3 answers both Graco and Chicco are TERRIBLE brands.
The 3 worth buying are the Quinny Buzz 3 or 4 depending on whether you favour 3 wheelers or 4, The Bugaboo Bee which is the lightest smallest travel system on the market, not to mention the most popular, and last and my personally least favourite is the MacLaren XT.
I personally shopped around and got an amazing deal on the Bugaboo Bee.. it included the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat, the cocoon, the footmuff, rain cover and adapters all for under £500 ... there are various places on line doing deals on the Bee so dont let the advertised prices put you off... Try this site http://ladybugsbaby.easywebstore.co.uk/Bugaboo-Bee-Newborn-Package_AICQZ.aspx or elsewhere.
Graco are cheap and badly made, you are also unable to use good quality carseats with them, and you will most likely regret buying one so much that you will end up buying something to replace it.
Maclaren, i personally dont like, but many people find after 6 months to a year they are buying a lightweight stroller in addition to their travel system. That is why the MacLaren XT or XSI are good options as you can use them for your baby and then later as a lightweight stroller. The Bee does this too and i prefer it by far.
We also looked on Kiddicare and loved the MaxiCosi Loola (NOT the loola up) but thought it might be too heavy, and big. but it is fab!

Hope that helps... xx

Tips on travelling with baby on trams/busses in Belgium?




CC


I just started to get around with my 3 month old here in Belgium and I find it very hard to get on some of the busses and they also hit the gas before i even have a chance to sit down safely holding the baby. I tried taking Quinny zapp on a bus and even tho it's supposed to be small it hardly fit to get on the bus. Any tips? Experiances to share?? I plan to just take the baby in my babybjorn but it's hard not to have a stroller to put him down in when away for hours. Thankful for feedback

/CC



Answer
I'm afraid your experiences are pretty par for the course. My (Belgian) mother-in-law who has been using public transportation all her life had a fall recently injuring her wrist pretty bad and it was because of a careless driver who was more concerned on keeping his schedule than waiting for a 79 year-old woman to get her seat.

There is an effort here to get more of the transportation system including the step-on / step-off areas more friendly for wheelchairs and strollers, but it seems they are not doing it quick enough even in progressive communities like Ghent and Brugge.

You're going to need to make a bit of a survey of your area and see which routes have more child-friendly vehicles. I'm sorry I cannot give you a better advise, but it is a recurring problem here. Assuming you are in an area serviced by "De Lijn", I have included their brochure about accessibility, but it is only available in Dutch.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment