Monday, July 22, 2013

Confused to buy car seat!!!!?

baby travel systems buying guide on ... baby cafe WoW --Sometimes the right depart new work: DOTA China
baby travel systems buying guide image



jaime


Hi all, my due date is in november.I would like to buy only infant car seat.Is it necessary to buy travel system in winter season or only car seat is enough? becoz I am in Easteren(Cleveland).
Evenflo Discovery 5-Point Harness Infant Car Seat - 3 Little Bears is it good for babies? Anyone using this one please give me suggestions. or any other Carseats or Travel systems using please guide me.
Thanks...



Answer
You do not have to buy a travel system, you can buy a seat separately. However, I would skip Evenflo Infant seats. Too many recalls, crappy recall fixes, cheaply made seats. Graco Snugride is better. However, in my opinion, most infant seats are a waste of money as they are outgrown when baby is 4-6 months old and then you're out buying another seat. If you get a convertible car seat instead, you've got a seat that will last 2-4 years before you need another! Save $60-100 and get a convertible seat, they are just as safe, even newborns can use them.
http://www.car-seat.org

Can I keep him in his infant carseat?

Q. He is 29 inches long but only 15 pounds, only his legs barely hang off, I don't exactly know the height limits for his carseat, we have the Acella Sport Travel System made by Safety 1st, I looked on the website and didnt see anything.

I'm just wondering, my mom just bought us this travel system and I'm wondering how much longer we can use it.
http://www.safety1st.com/product/detail.asp?ID=897&model=6757

we have that one, I didnt see the limits on it.....maybe I am missing it....does anyone have the same carseat as me?
Thank you Sarah and Gracies mom!

I was typing this question and trying to look online myself and already posted it after I saw your answer to my last question :)


Answer
The height is only a guide line since some babies are long in the body and others are long in the legs. The child is too tall of the seat when there is 1inch or less from the top of babies head to the top of the car seat.
http://www.carseatsite.com/installing_your_car_seat.htm

There have been no documented cases of rear-facing children breaking their legs, hips or feet because of their feet touching the back of the vehicle seat. Even if the child's legs did break, it is much easier to repair broken legs then it is to repair broken necks and ruptured spinal cords. From being turned too early so if you do change seats make sure baby is rear facing till 1 year and 20-22 lbs. but baby is safer rear facing as long ass possible
http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/pages/420...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment