Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Infant & convertible car seats...help! ?

baby travel systems vs convertible car seats on Travel System Vs Convertible Car Seat Pictures
baby travel systems vs convertible car seats image



Tatiana S


I'm trying to pick an infant car seat and a convertible car seat for my baby due in March. So far, I think I'm going with the Graco Snug Ride (devon) & maybe the Recaro Signo Convertible seat. My only concern is that the Recaro is very expensive (almost 300), and I don't know how long I'll use it. It says it goes up to 70lbs, but since I don't have any other children, I don't know what age that is.

So basically, i want to know if the brands I'm picking are good, and how old (generally speaking) is a 70lb. child?

Also, any opinions on a travel system stroller vs, an infant car seat with a stroller frame?



Answer
My son is 5 1/2 and only 43-45 lbs. So that car seat should last you for as long as your child needs to be in a 5-point harness. When you eventually need a high back booster they're not very expensive. The Recaro is highly rated. You could even skip the infant-carrier style seat, the Recaro Signo can be used with babies as small as 5 lbs. Many people never use and infant-carrier style seat and use a wrap to carry their newborn. But if you decide to get an infant carrier car seat the Graco Snug Ride is fine.

I had a travel system with my first child and separate car seat and stroller with my second and personally preferred not to have the travel system because I prefer to use a jogging stroller even when strolling in the mall.

travel systems vs. convertible car seats?




katelyn.


Is it better to get a travel system and have to buy a bigger car seat later?
Or get a convertible car seat and a separate stroller?



Answer
We got a travel system so we could clip the car seat in to the stroller, we can still use the stroller without the car seat so we saw it as a win win. It's a lot easier to just clip the car seat in than to take baby out of the car seat and put them into the stroller, especially if they're sleeping.

I was going to get a carrier any way so it just made sense for us.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment