Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What do you say when you sell your baby shower gifts?

baby travel systems with bassinet on UPPA Baby VISTA Stroller Bassinet Travel System MICA SILVER ~MSRP $679
baby travel systems with bassinet image



He leaves


Have you ever received a baby shower gift and sold it? What do you say when when the person who bought it for you asks about how baby likes it? or If it's a big item IE swings, travel systems,carseats, bassinets and they ask about it while visiting do you tell them you've sold the item? Just curious?
I'm asking because I see alot of people advertising for things they received at a baby shower on craigslist and I was more curious if alot of people do this? I never did, but I also didn't get duplicates or anything like that.



Answer
No, tell them that you absolutley adored their gift, but you had to exchange it because the car seat didn't fit properly in your car, the baby fell in love with the swing that you now have, the bassinett was perfect but you realized baby was getting so big so fast that you exchanged it for a larger one, etc. I guess the point is not to hurt their feelings and let them know that their gift was not wasted. Wouldn't you want someone to exchange your gift for something they really needed?I think saying that you sold it is a bit harsh and that you never appreciated it to begin with.

What are you going to buy as opposed to registering for it?




my due


I'm 17 years old and 8 weeks pregnant. My family is not supportive so I'm pretty much going to be doing everything with just the help of my friends and my baby's father. What should I put money away to buy as opposed to registering for it for my baby shower? I'm of course going to get the travel system (carSeat/stroller) , the bassinet , and the outfits for hospital pictures and coming home. Anything else I should get myself instead of just hoping for it?


Answer
What I plan on doing is having my baby shower a few weeks after I find out the sex of my baby. I plan on putting everything I want/need on it. After my baby shower is over, then I can decide more easily what to buy and what not to buy. Hope this helps :)

Edit: Yes, I do plan on buying a crib, swing, changing table, and the other more expensive stuff. But I'd ask for a bouncer, playpen, clothes, bottles, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment