Sunday, January 19, 2014

Can any one give me better idea abt travel system?

baby travel systems reviews on Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller - Windsor | Shop ...
baby travel systems reviews image



smile


we are planning to buy travel system for our 1st baby and after reading all reviews, we kind of confuse between 3 travel system,1:Safety First Safety 1st Acella Sport Travel System, 2:Cosco - Travel System, Thorndale, 3:Graco - LiteRider Travel System with SnugRide.. I love safety1st travel system but i dont know how good is that so if anyone use this and have idea which one is good for 1st time parents..
thanks for ur answer



Answer
Safety 1st and Cosco are the worst carseats on the market. You couldn't pay me to use one. I'd go with the Graco. They're all cheaply made and built and aren't that great in crash tests when compared to the models which have internal steel supports that will protect baby better than the plastic. The only ones that have this are Mia Moda, Britax, Chicco, and Peg Perego seats. I wouldn't waste money on an infant seat when I can spend a couple hundred dollars on a really good steel frame seat (Sunshine Kids Radian, Britax Marathon, Fisher Price Safe Voyage (cheap at 165 dollars) which will hold your child in a 5 pt harness to 65 lbs. You'll only be using the infant seat for the first 3 or 4 mos as a carrier. Baby will outgrow it or will just be too heavy to lug around. Get a good seat and just get a cheap stroller. More economical and safer.

How old should my baby be to put in the shopping cart seat?




Aynne


My baby is not born yet she is due February 26. The thing is I bought a Chicco Cortina traveling system for her. It's the infant car seat and the stroller. I heard it was the best and safest so i bought it. I read a lot of reviews saying the carrier does not fit in the shopping cart where you would sit your baby. So I will have to put her in the big part which I won't be able to put a lot of groceries in there. So I can manage for a while but, when do you think she will be able to sit in the seat? I would like to by a comfy seat thing for her and put her in there as soon as she is able to sit up by her self. I was think 5 months? What's the average age thanks.
Sorry for some weird sentences I got mixed up!



Answer
It's not that the car seat doesn't fit, it's that the shopping cart is not made for car seats, and by putting a car seat on the top of the shopping cart the whole thing becomes unstable and can tip over. This has been a problem for decades, but idiot mothers continued to put the car seat on top, and babies continued to be injured. This is why the shopping carts have infant seats attached for moms who want that, but why the car seats should not be used. You can use the reclined infant seats that are bolted to the shopping carts from day one as far as I'm aware, just put a blanket down first.

The toddler seats you should use when your baby can sit up and at your own discretion. They continue to say that shopping carts are not the safest place for your baby to ride and that if you have a stroller or can wear your baby then that's better/safer.

Leaving your baby in the car seat while you shop leaves your baby in a curved position that interferes with oxygen levels in the blood. There's really no reason to do it. They're heavy and if you drop the car seat you may damage it, not to mention hurting your baby.

I would suggest looking into a baby-carrier. With my first I hauled the infant seat in and out of stores and it was miserable, for her, for us, and for anyone who walked by us who might get bumped by that seat. It was awful. We had backaches and were in pain. When she was old enough to sit in the cart, then I was having to spray the cart with cleaners and use sheets and stuff to try and block the cart from her because H1N1 was going around and she was only a year old about. With my second I bought an Ergo baby carrier. We left the infant seat in the car and carried him in the Ergo when we'd go into places. He LOVED it. He'd snuggle in and go to sleep, I had my arms and hands free for shopping, he was safe and sound and I could kiss him anytime I wanted as well as talk to him face-to-face (which is great for development.) I didn't have to worry about the germs of the cart getting him. Much better. I used that well into his second year, he just loved it better than the cart and I didn't have to worry about it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment