Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mommies- What was one thing you bought and never used?

baby travel system vs stroller on Details about ORBIT BABY G1 MOCHA STROLLER TRAVEL SYSTEM
baby travel system vs stroller image



*Sweethear


What was the one thing that you bought or recieved during pregnancy that you thought you would use but never did? I hear changing table alot but I wondered what yall didn't use.


Answer
Gotta tell ya a changing table would probably be what Id say. Cribs are good, bassinets are good, etc. so why need a changing table too? Usually you just change the baby wherever you are at the time (floor, table, bed, etc) you dont go to a designated 'changing table'. Id even walk in a room and use the crib to change my niece over the changing table because of the height needed and way the changing table was (it was built in to a hutch thing so I was always needing extra room for stuff, the crib just made it simplier).

Another thing would be a travel system. You use the carseat but not the stroller a whole lot and by the time you are ready to use the stroller, the child is old enough for a toddler/baby $30 stroller, so you could have saved $150+ from buying a regular stroller vs. the travel set.

There are a lot of things that are just wasted money that can be used with other stuff instead --- like if its a boy and you buy a wee-wee shield. Someone is making a lot of money on some thing you could use a cloth for (you'd have to clean the wee-wee up with a cloth if they peed toward the plastic wee-wee sheild any ways so why by it?Know).

There's a bunch of baby items you can do without or sub other items you already have around your house in place of.

Disney Collection by Safety1st, any feedback vs. Graco, Evenflo, Gerber & Eddie Bouer?




GEORGE MAV


Currently they are selling it at K-mart & Sears. The price seams too good to be true. Everything is Pooh. Travel System, Play Yard, Walker, Highchair, Bouncer and Swing. Please give me any feedback if you are familiar with these baby products. ThanX


Answer
My daughter is 10 months old. I have the Safety 1st play yard & love it! When she was a newborn, we used the basinet & changing table. Then when she reached the max weight for the basinet we easily changed it to the full play yard & removed the change mat. I'm a big fan of the Pooh pattern & mobile that came with it. My mom watches my daughter when I work & has the Graco pack n play in the Pooh pattern. I like the Safety 1st one better. The Graco has an odd set up for the change table & I didn't think the basinet was as sturdy as the Safety 1st. We never had a problem, thats just my opinion. When you remove the Graco change mat the metal bars that it fits into are exposed. I don't like that. The play yard portion is comparable on both.

I've also got the Safety1st walker which is wonderful. It has 3 adjustable height settings and multiple toys on the front. There is a separate tray area where we can put her Cheerios. The walker is collapses for storage or travel which worked well when we went on vacation so we could pack it up & bring it along.

I also have the Graco travel system with the car seat/carrier, base, and strolller, and the swing. I really love the travel system. It has worked so well. I bought 2 additional base units for like $30 each to put in my husband and mom's vehicles. We put our daughter in the car seat/carrier & transfer her from one car to another without having to get her out of the seat. I also love that the seat has a clip on the back so I can put her in a cart securely when I grocery shop & the whole carrier/car seat fits right into the top of the stroller so she can face me when we're out. We're just now starting to put her in the stroller forward facing without the carrier & the transition is going well. We can use it both ways depending on what we need.

The swing is also great! It has 2 toys on the front & a mobile overhead. There is a reclining seat, a bunch of speed settings & music to go along. There is a secure waist strap & a tray. My daughter enjoyed the time she spent in her swing. We felt she was safe & saw that it helped her learn while she was entertained & played.

If you need to know anything else about these products, feel free to email me pack513@yahoo.com .

Again, I have:
Safety 1st: Play Yard & Walker
Graco: Travel System, Swing, & Pack n Play (at Grandmas)

P.S. I think I heard that they are discontinuing the Day's of Hunny pattern which may be part of the reason for the low prices.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment