Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What are you going to buy as opposed to registering for it?

baby travel systems with bassinet on Orbit Baby Stroller Travel System G2- Being Completely Interchangeable ...
baby travel systems with bassinet image



my due


I'm 17 years old and 8 weeks pregnant. My family is not supportive so I'm pretty much going to be doing everything with just the help of my friends and my baby's father. What should I put money away to buy as opposed to registering for it for my baby shower? I'm of course going to get the travel system (carSeat/stroller) , the bassinet , and the outfits for hospital pictures and coming home. Anything else I should get myself instead of just hoping for it?


Answer
What I plan on doing is having my baby shower a few weeks after I find out the sex of my baby. I plan on putting everything I want/need on it. After my baby shower is over, then I can decide more easily what to buy and what not to buy. Hope this helps :)

Edit: Yes, I do plan on buying a crib, swing, changing table, and the other more expensive stuff. But I'd ask for a bouncer, playpen, clothes, bottles, etc.

When can I use the bassinet feature in my child's stroller?




Kayla


How old should my baby be before I start using the bassinet feature in his stroller? We have a Chicco Cortina Travel System. When he's in the bassinet feature should he still be completely in the 5-point safety harness? Is the bassinet feature even safe? Better for some things than others???

Thanks!



Answer
The bassinet feature is there for use from day 1, and you won't be able to use it very long. It's the FIRST stage in a travel system, not something you have to wait before starting to use it.

With the baby flat on his back and in the bassinet (which is the best/safest/healthiest position for a newborn) you don't need the harness. It's not like he can climb out of it.

The only exception would be if you take the stroller on the bus: in a moving vehicle where you can't use the car seat the harness provides extra security. I've once seen a stroller topple over when the bus took a curve (of course that wouldn't have happened if the mother hadn't been irresponsibly holding on to her phone instead of steadying the stroller!) and the baby dropped right out! Horrible to see, and I definitely would have intervened if I had noticed the mother leaving the stroller basically unattended before this happened.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment