Friday, May 2, 2014

i can't afford my baby?

Q. i am 18, i had a full time job, right when i got pregnant my boss fired me.I would think its illegal to do that but thats not my concern as of now. I am 16 weeks pregnant, i need some advice as to diapers and formula (if i am unable to breast feed . exclusively) i am going down to the welfare office this week, but if my mom makes too much for me to qualify, what do i do? I don't want to live off my mom and i don't want her fully supporting my baby. my boyfriend has a full time job, makes 1200 a month, 900 car payment and insurance, 200 groceries, and 100 left for extra. which also won't be enough. I have a crib, storage dresser, changing table, and pack n play, travel system and newborn clothes taken care of. but what about everything else ? do i qualify for cash aid? my mom makes 125,000 a year in the same household as me . she feeds me, gives me water and shelter but is not financially responsible for me as i don't want her to be, and i was on birth control and it didn't work... I'm not stupid i am perfectly happy for my baby and new family, but would like some creative ways on not spending too much with a newborn


Answer
As long as you file for child support against the father, you will probably be eligible for TANF, cash.
You will probably have to participate in a work program for 20-30 hours per week, until you deliver.
Usually works out to $3 an hour.
Some states you have to be in your last trimester to qualify.
You will probably be exemped from the work program the first 3 months after you deliver, then back to the work program.

We call this gaming the system.
Your mother makes more than median income, but you would rather the taxpayers support you, than her.

Say, does she claim you as a tax deduction?
If she does, she supports you over 50%, or is commiting fraud.

How can you be a tax deduction for her, but her not financially responsible for you?

If you file separate from her (tax year 2012), different story.
It is a new tax year, ask her if she is willing to give you up as a tax deduction.

Did you save your LO's infant carseat?

Q. We recently switched our little one from her infant carrier to a convertible car seat. I am curious as to if I should save her infant carrier. We definitely plan to have children in the future but the car seat will expire in a few years and Im not sure how soon we'll be having another. So, did you save your little ones infant carrier? We have the Graco Snugride that is part of a travel system. We will probably use her stroller for the next couple of years. So, should I probably NOT seperate the two?

What, if anything, did you save from your child? I feel like such a pack-rat. LOL
ETA: If I save it, and we have a boy next time.. can I order just a replacement cover from Graco? Right now, it's pink & has polka dots and totally won't work for a boy. LOL


Answer
I would save it. Definitely don't separate them. I am still using Haley's carrier. It goes up to 35lbs so I'm going to keep her in it until she outgrows it. But I got a neutral travel system so I can use it again for the next baby. We will probably have another in in 2012 so I'm sure it will probably still be good then, then I will sell it altogether. You never know, you could have another girl. But if not, at that point you might be ready to ditch the stroller you have and buy something new. So you can sell the whole travel system together. I know a lot of people go for the double strollers now that you can put an infant carrier in the back of and the older child can sit up front and then it can be converted to a double stroller later.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment