Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Minimalist,essential list for baby shopping?

baby travel systems vs convertible car seats on CarefreeKidz.com. Child's Play IV
baby travel systems vs convertible car seats image



Christina


I live in a one bedroom apt so space is an issue with me,which is also why there won't be a baby shower. What is your idea of a minimalist baby list? I've decided on a pack n play against crib already for space.also what's your opinion on bouncer vs swing?I'd really like to get only one of the two


Answer
Would a convertible crib from Ikea be better than a pack n play? It would certainly be more comfortable for the baby. If you got a crib top changer and under crib storage drawer from a reputable baby shop it would take up barely any more room than a pack n play and has the advantage of turning into a toddler bed later on. The underbed storage drawer can be used for storing baby linen and clothing if you don't have room for a dresser.
You'll want a stroller and a car seat. Given you have limited space I'd be looking at getting an umbrella style travel system like the The First Years Wisp or one of the Peg Perego ones.

I'd hold off on buying either a swing or a bouncer. My kids hated the swing and if I had known before my third that they were just as happy to sit in the stroller as they were to sit in the bouncer I would never have gotten that tripping hazard in the first place!

First time expecting mom seeking advice on infant car seat and strollers vs travel systems etc?!?




kjfdhgks


Hello
I am a first time expecting mother and am pretty confused on all the baby gear options. I've ruled out that, although a convertible car seat saves money and stuff, that I do want to go with an infant car seat so that I don't have to wake the baby every time we get out of the car...Maybe? lol Im also torn between using a travel system or just getting an infant car seat and a light weight stroller. I do plan on getting the baby Bjorn as well. Im only 4'10 and I have concerns with a travel system being too bulky and heavy. I also want to make sure Im going to get use out of it. I would love opinions from experienced mothers on what worked for you or even expecting parents and what your planning on doing. This is all so confusing and overwhelming as a first time mother because im not really sure what will work and all. Thanks=]



Answer
Definitely 100% get a travel system. We got one and it's made life much easier. The carseat snaps right into the stroller when they're little so you don't have to move them out of it and into a stroller. They make lots of lightweight ones- if you look on the internet at some, just check the weight- it will say how much in the description.

We had a baby bjorn too but only used it maybe 5 times. Barely ever used the bumbo either- both were waste of money in our case.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment