Friday, August 30, 2013

I bought a Graco infant car seat today, not a travel system, now what to do for a stroller?

baby travel systems for twins on iCandy Peach Blossom Twin - Black Jack Travel System Stroller | eBay
baby travel systems for twins image



Chris


I have a jeep stroller at home that was my son's and I highly doubt that it will snap into place on that one since it's not even the same brand.. Any recommendations? Do I need to return the car seat and get a travel system?


Answer
Whether or not it will fit depends upon which model of the jeep strollers you have. The jeep wagoneer (twin stroller) accommodates most brands of seats, as does the jeep cherokee. I couldn't find info on the other 2, I don't think they take car seats at all.

You could return the seat if it doesn't fit, and just go straight to a convertible seat, saves money in the long run anyways, assuming your newborn will fit well in it. :) Travel systems don't last very long - most babies outgrow their carriers between 4-6 months, so I think it'd be silly to go out and buy one when you've got a great stroller you already like at home. Carriers aren't all they're cracked up to be! I can not stand seeing babies in them constantly, they're meant to be car seats or put on strollers, that's it, not for baby to sit in at the grocery store, and at church, and any other place. I say go for a sling instead and get a Britax marathon or Britax Boulevard or Sunshine Kids Radian65 or Evenflo Triumph Advanced. They'll last a child from newborn (at least 5lbs) to 5-6 years old! A much better buy even considering the steeper up front cost.

You won't find a specific car seat to go with your stroller - the jeep strollers are made by Kolcraft and they don't make car seats anymore.

Do they make side by side double strollers that also work as travel systems?




Samantha S


I have a 3 year old and will be having our second baby in a couple of months. I am looking for a side by side double stroller but I still want the travel system feature for the new baby. Do they make this and if so where is a good place to find one? Babies R Us, Wal-mart, Target etc


Answer
The Peg Perego Aria Twin stroller with the 60/40 split is able to accomodate an infant seat on the 60 side. I have an Aria Twin stroller with 50/50 seat split (I have twins). They only make the 60/40 split now. But it's a great great side by side. I loved mine. It's super light weight, the basket underneath is huge and I never had any problems getting through doors with it.

Check out http://www.albeebaby.com they have strollers at huge discount and quite often free shipping.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment