Thursday, February 20, 2014

Baby Trend Expedition LE Jogger? (travel system)?




amber17sw


I just registered for this stroller at babies r us. Just wondering who's used it, and what they thought?
Is there a better jogger travel system out there?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2571210



Answer
I haven't seen that before. Wish they made it when I had mine.
The jog stroller is great, but takes up a whole lotta room in the trunk, even folded. And if you are the sort to use your stroller in the grocery rather than a cart the jog stroller can be pretty big.

But it looks like a good idea. And having an 'offroad' stroller is great. Beaches, parks, even out in the yard.

I can't choose which travel system to get for baby, help Im going mad!!!!!!?




Elle C


its between

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4089524

&

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3904368

both good travel systems. & i love the way they look and the reviews are good. of course not EVERYONE will love it but the majority did. I love the first one. well the look of it better. but the other is just idk I love it too.



Answer
Get the Baby Trend stroller, but not the car seat. The car seats are a pain in the neck to buckle (you have to hold the buckle parts together while you push them in, at the same time, which can be very difficult and annoying.) The stroller though is easy to push, quiet, and works very well for 2 months up. I wish mine had the speakers. :P We bought a speaker for $20 though, and that works well. The large wheels make it easier to push in sand, dirt, grass, up curbs, over cracks, etc. So I definitely love that stroller.

As for Safety First, I'm not a fan after we had one and it started giving problems after a short period of time (car seat I mean.) The stroller also looks like a basic one, and they tend to give handling problems. I'd have to go to Babies R Us and try the stroller to see how far back it lays. It says it has a multi-position recline, but it doesn't say at what age you can use the stroller. From what I'm reading, they expect you to use the car seat in the stroller to use it from newborn on... which is dangerous. You don't want to use car seats in strollers do to breathing problems.

I'm not a fan of being roped into a travel system. You can usually find the car seat and stroller of your dreams if you don't try to buy them together. Baby Trend jogging strollers are wonderful, but I don't like their car seats. The Chicco strollers lay completely flat, making them perfect for newborns up (and you can usually find them on craigslist or used for cheaper) but I don't particularly like them because the wheels aren't those large wheels that work so well for obstacles. Car seats, I like the Chicco, Graco Snugride 35, Britax... the Safety First one might be okay but like I said I ran into problems with their brand in the past.

Add: For the record, the Baby Trend is classified as a jogger, but the instructions say to use it mostly as an 'all terrain', and not just a jogger. I've never jogged with mine. You don't have to jog to use a jogger, they're made for more than that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment