Saturday, March 29, 2014

First time expecting mom seeking advice on infant car seat and strollers vs travel systems etc?!?




kjfdhgks


Hello
I am a first time expecting mother and am pretty confused on all the baby gear options. I've ruled out that, although a convertible car seat saves money and stuff, that I do want to go with an infant car seat so that I don't have to wake the baby every time we get out of the car...Maybe? lol Im also torn between using a travel system or just getting an infant car seat and a light weight stroller. I do plan on getting the baby Bjorn as well. Im only 4'10 and I have concerns with a travel system being too bulky and heavy. I also want to make sure Im going to get use out of it. I would love opinions from experienced mothers on what worked for you or even expecting parents and what your planning on doing. This is all so confusing and overwhelming as a first time mother because im not really sure what will work and all. Thanks=]



Answer
Definitely 100% get a travel system. We got one and it's made life much easier. The carseat snaps right into the stroller when they're little so you don't have to move them out of it and into a stroller. They make lots of lightweight ones- if you look on the internet at some, just check the weight- it will say how much in the description.

We had a baby bjorn too but only used it maybe 5 times. Barely ever used the bumbo either- both were waste of money in our case.

convertible car seat vs infant car seats?







I was wondering if I could get some insight on purchasing a convertible car seat rather than an infant car seat for my baby. The convertible seat we are looking at can be rear facing and forward facing and sits from 5-65lbs. Or do you think we should just purchase the infant seat? Thank you in advance!


Answer
I bought a travel system with an infant seat. Itwas handy because I could move my baby in and out of the car without waking him. We moved him into the convertible seat (a Britax Boulevard, my son still loves that seat! He's 3 now) at about 9mths, rear facing, and he was a lot more comfortable in there than he was in the infant seat at that point. The infant seats have a lot of positive while your baby is young, but once they hit about 9-12months, you'll find your baby's head getting close to the top of the seat (the baby's head should be completely below the seat and within the side wings for maximum safety), and you might want to change. In the long run, it's cheaper just to buy a convertible now, but if money's not an issue and you want the convenience, then an infant seat is definitely a good investment.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment