Saturday, March 29, 2014

What is the best jogging stroller that will fit in a compact car?




Leslie


I am looking for the best bang for my buck in a jogging stroller to fit inside the trunk of a Honda Civic. I have been searching for a while now and have yet to find an answer to this question. I do a sizable amount of jogging along with trail hiking and would like to find something suitable to my needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to those that have responded! We checked into the baby trend expedition and really like that one! For the last gentleman that wrote or anyone else let me go into a little more detail to maybe get a good idea! We want to use it just walking the lake or running the lake, disney, etc. reg stuff. But one thing we do is offroad trails, so we do need one that offers a smooth ride on gravel or dirt as well. Then of course the above mentioned that is also compact enough to fit in our trunk. I agree the BOB is the best my sis in law has one but a little more pricey then what I want to pay. Now if someone was giving me one, ok I'll take it, lol! But looking to spend between 100-200! Again thanks so far for the answers. Also to the last gentleman have you heard about the baby trend expedition that the first lady mentioned?



Answer
It depends on what your needs for the stroller are. If you're only going to use it for jogging yo could buy a stroller like the Instep Ultra Runner. The Ultra Runner has a fixed front wheel, weighs only 17lbs, folds up very compactly and is suitable for a child 6 months and older. You can buy them on Amazon for around $130.

For an inexpensive all around jogger you can look at the Baby Trends. Just do a search for advise on the specific model you are considering. Baby Trends front wheels tend to loosen up and require more maintenance than most models. Some models are worse than others, with the newest one we sell being the worst. The whole front wheel assembly has fallen off twice just being tested around the store. When you remove the footrest to fix it there is a label telling you how to fix it. I guess the label is cheaper than finding a better system.

A higher end all around is the BOB Revolution. I have spoken to around 100 people that own BOBs and have yet to hear a complaint other than it being more expensive than others.

From your description I would recommend the instep. Besides being economical, it has the least amount of resistance of all the joggers I have tested.

Yes I sell the Baby Trend Expedition and a few other Baby Trend Models. I would google the exact model of Baby Trend that you're looking at, because some of them have problems with their front wheels. You also can't go by price with the expeditions, as some of the cheaper ones are great, and some of the more expensive ones I wouldn't recommend.

Here's my buy/don't buy list:

The Expedition strollers sold as travel systems seem to hold up well, but I'm not a big fan of the Baby Trend Infant Carrier, but at $200 or less it may fit your needs.

Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger Stroller - Sonic $130; has some front wheel problems, so expect to adjust it monthly, you'll need a phillips screwdriver, adjustible pliers and about 15 minutes.

Baby Trend Velocity Jogger Stroller - Matrix $180; I would never recommend this stroller. The front wheel assembly actually falls off. I have read reviews that said people don't realize the front wheel is supposed to come off via the quick release. That's not the problem, it's the whole front wheel assembly comes apart inside the housing and the wheel and fork fall off. This has happened twice while a guest has been pushing it around the store. If you try to overtighten the wheel to keep this from happening it becomes hard to turn an greatly increases the resistance of the jogger.

Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller - Rocket $120; this is one of the Baby Trends I recommend most. They have changed their front wheel assemblies many times, and this seems to be one that has the least problems.

So my recommendation for you would be the Instep Ultra Runner for $130 on Amazon, or the Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller - Rocket for $120 at BabiesRUs.

Hope this helps,

Alan

What is the best jogging stroller at an affordable price?




kldepalma


I am looking for a good jogging stroller. I have a 19 month old son and I have been using the Graco travel system stroller when I go walking jogging. I go almost every morning and bring my son with me. The Graco stroller is not ideal for jogging because it has 4 wheels and I struggle and get tired very easily when I start to jog. Anyone have any suggestions?


Answer
Jogging strollers can get pretty expensive. You can get the Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller for a decent price. Its not the best jogger out there but great for the price!

Check it out: http://www.stroller-obsession.com/baby-trend-jogging-stroller.html

Looking for a second hand one is a good idea too, I second that!

Good luck!

Julie




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment