Friday, March 28, 2014

Maclaren Quest stroller help please?




tequila


I am planning on purchasing a Maclaren Quest stroller. i was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any differences between the 2009, 2010 and 2011models (besides color). Specifically, I'm interested in the weight of the stroller. I'd appreciate any information on this. Thanks!


Answer
I know you asked for weight, and dont quote me here, but Im almost positive they are the same, the differences will be felt in improved functionality, comfort and seen in color/style. Ill see if I can locate a cust svc number you can give them a quick call and ask.

Two more things - I have this one (this is my umbrella stroller, I also have a Peg Perego "Travel System" - which I LOVE!!!, but I did want both, a hefty and a light stroller, and this is my light stroller and Im VERY pleased with it...) - http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-techno-xlr-stroller-black-champagne.html

I dont think you can go wrong with this brand, I believe youll be very happy. I know you CAN go get an umbrella stroller at Target for 4 bucks, and these are pricey, but let me tell you, quality wise, they are sooo worth it. NOT ONCE has one of these collapsed on a child and they were engineered by a guy who first started out building airplanes (cool huh!).

If you do get a hold of cust svc. make sure to ask them if your lil zipper side protectors will automatically come with your order, or if you need to order them separate. Maclaren did have a major recall a few years back, and their strollers have a MAJOR pinching (as in children losing fingers) hazard involved in their collapsing function - not to worry tho, they corrected it with these lil covers that you zip on urself (mine came with my shipment, I had to look it up on YouTube to see how to install em and where exactly they went tho...directions didn't make sense to me...eh???). So just make sure you get those, or dint use the stroller until they come.

Overall, youll be VERY happy with this stroller mom - its state of the art, high class all the way!!

If ur interested...Peg Perego products (travel systems, high chairs, infant carriers) are excellent. As well as Recaro convertible car seats (u can use from birth thru 70 lbs).

Im not a "rich" mom, but for some things (stuff Im going to use every day, and safety items) - Im willing to pay a lil more to get the very best. If youre just starting out buying baby stuff, you may wanna look at some of their products as well. I bought MANY a thing I did NOT need, and Id be happy to tell any mom about that...just like I always am happy to tell of the things that are "worth their weight in gold" in my house.


PS - here ya go - and theres an email address - yay!

Maclaren North America

25 Van Zant Street
South Norwalk
Connecticut
06854
USA

1 203 354 4400
info@maclarenbaby.com






Take care mom!!!

Now that my baby is almost too big for the carseat carrier...?




amykissing


what is the next best stroller? I LOVE my Snap-and-Go lightweight frame that you set the carrier into. I will miss it terribly. What should I get? I have a big old travel system (that I hate and is completely useless) but I just want something light and easy-- comparable to the Snap-and-Go but an upgrade from an umbrella stroller. Thanks


Answer
If you can afford it, a Maclaren Quest (or Quest Sport...they're the same thing..) is amazing. GREAT quality and very easy to use. The only weigh 13 pounds and the recline is amazing for an umbrella stroller. They hold up to 55 pounds, so its something you can use for a while. The average close to $200 though; but for the quality and durability its worth the price.

If that's a little too pricey, the Graco IPO is nice. Also has a good recline, and is fairly easy to use. I think it holds less than the Maclaren, but I can't recall the exact number.

Nothing beats the quality of a Maclaren umbrella stroller though!

Go into a store where you can play with the products and see what works best for you though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment