Saturday, June 14, 2014

Baby Shower and Registry question?




and so it


I have a baby registry and pretty much everything in there is the cheapest I can find from $7 to $30. I probably wont know some of the people invited, so should I let them know I am registered or just my family and friends? What if I send out the invites to everyone with a small note that says:
"Gifts not required. However, if you feel so inclined and need an idea feel free to visit our registry at Walmart" or something like, "Gifts not required, but if you want to get one and need some ideas check out our registry at Walmart"
And the registry would say, "Thank you for taking the time to visit our registry. Please don't feel obligated to get anything as your presence is the best gift" Or any combination of the 3.
I don't want to sound like I don't want anything but I also don't want to come off as tacky or greedy. Also, what should I add to the registry or not add to the registry. Thanks in advance.
Im not throwing my baby shower, Im just doing the invitations.



Answer
When you registered they should have given you registry card. You include those in your invites. So people know where you are registered. Some people will buy you things that aren't on your registry, but most people buy you what's on there. I wouldn't put a note on the inside that says anything about gift not required. A baby shower is meant for people to buy the new expecting parents what they need for the baby. People realized that. If they don't want to buy you something, they won't. I added everything to my registry. Just in case someone wanted to buy it for me, you never know. Like, my grandma and 2 great aunts are going in of the bedding together (that was $180.00). Plus, at Babies R Us, whatever you don't get off your registry close to your due date, you get a 1 time 15% off. So I did everything, in case someone doesn't get me the more expensive things, most likely won't, but then I can get it cheaper. I added diapers, wipes, bedding, sheets, plain white onesies, a few toys, pack and play, travel system, bouncy seat, swing, all the decor for the room, mattress, bibs, bottles, bath stuff (baby tub, shampoo, first aid kit, thermometer), baby monitor, everything. A place like Babies R Us, gives you a guide to what you should register for (you can get the list online). They told me register for 3-5 gifts per person invited. Hope I helped! My shower is this weekend!

whats recieving blanket??




**~GooGoo~


is there a certain type of stroller for newborn??? or does most of them work??? can i just buy any type of stroller??? i saw travel pack stroller WITH a baby basket... will thoes stroller work for newborn???? where is the best place to go to for strollers and carseats and such??? if i go to babies r us will anyone there be able to guide me thru what i need?????


Answer
Calm down :)
It's not THAT hard .. I promise.
A receiving blanket is a small cotton blanket used on newborns. Usually for swaddling them.
Here is a receiving blanket:
http://www.classicpooh.com/baby/images/4receivingblanketsoutdoors.jpg

If you want to use a stroller for a newborn, I would suggest getting a Travel System .. that way the Infant Carrier (car seat) fits into the stroller for extra support.

If you prefer to just get the stroller .. most of them come with a foot-rest that goes in the upright position (under the baby's foot) to keep the baby in position.

Yes, go to Babies R Us .. and they will help you with EVERYTHING that is baby related. It's what they do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment