Friday, June 13, 2014

what do you mummys think of this pram?




TTC #1


http://www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross-Complete-Pram-System/dp/B002UKJJ00/sr=1-2/qid=1260474719/ref=sr_1_2/278-9659727-8952547?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=189188031&mcb=core


Answer
One thing I don't see on it is being able to turn the seat around for your toddler. I'm currently looking into strollers and I find I need to get one that allows my 9 month old to face me. He gets over stimulated when we are out and won't fall asleep unless he is facing me. I decided on the 2009 Peg Perego Skate...I'll give you all my reasons for this decision:

- The seat turns from carriage into toddler seat; no need to have 2 separate pieces!
- Seat can be reversed so baby can face in or out
- Can make it into a travel system without the stroller seat (just on the frame)
- Has a leg cover and zippered rain cover, and large canopy (we live in cold weather)
- Easy to open and close
- Rubber wheels (better in the mall and on snow lol)
- Stands upright when closed
- Can pull it like luggage when folded

The only problem I can see with it is the weight. But it does go to 50lbs. I think the weight makes it more sturdy...and you can take the seat off to put it in your car separately so the weight is more manageable. Some people don't like the freedom of movement harness but I can't see it being any worse than a 3 point system which is what my son is in now.

However if you do choose this one you would need to get it this month because they have come out with a new model that has a bassinet and a seat instead of being 2-in-1 unfortunately.

Here's the site: http://www.pegperego.com/page.php?sid=4c3696fde5fe44a41c84e312bb2917a5&pageid=UJVNL001&idf=08&idp=0000000192&cl=N

And a review by Baby Gizmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxtK-FQdEjY&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-3-HM

Edit: Haha I love all the helpful answers about the price point. I don't think that's what she was asking for. Also; I forgot to add that the reviews on the website you gave aren't very high, that stroller only got 3 out of 5.

Maclaren twin triumph stroller for a newborn?




Emmy's mum


I have been given a Maclaren twin triumph stroller. I am due in february when my daughter will be 21 months old. I'm wondering if it will be suitable for my newborn? I know it does fully recline and is meant to take a newborn safely, but on the practical side, how is the newborn strapped in? Is there any kind of carrycot that fits into it? Would it be comfortable?


Answer
My best friend got pregnant a few months back so I had been in charge of certain things since then, and one of them is being the Pushchair shopper. So being the geek that I am I did a full research of the best pushchairs - so much so that I swear Pushchair companies can now hire me as an infomercial host and I'll do really well! lol

Anyway, to answer your question my dear, as a matter of fact the Maclaren Triumph is NOT suitable for newborns. It can recline to more than 150 degrees, but it's only suitable from 3 months onwards according to the manufacturer, but I personally inspected the pushchair and I wouldn't put a child in there who couldn't sit up properly on their own just yet. Don't get me wrong - I think the Triumph is one of the best strollers around, but it's best for children from 6 months onwards in my opinion.

The Maclaren Triumph is a lightweight stroller, NOT a travel system, hence no carrycots will fit with it. If you want a pushchair that you can use from birth up until your baby is 3 or 4 years old, your best bet is to buy a pushchair that you can convert into a pram/stroller and travel system.

The most popular models that fulfill this criteria that are also getting great reviews from parents are:
Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System
Graco Quattro Tour TSB
Silver Cross 3D Pram System

There are loads more, but it's hard to make recommendations with the information you gave. There really are a lot you need to consider before buying a pushchair, as making the wrong purchasing decision could be a costly mistake that you'll end up doing over and over again until you get it right! (I know other parents who bought more than 3 pushchairs within 2 years!)

For example, you need to check if the handle height is suitable for you, if it's small enough to fit in your boot, if the wheels are suitable for the terrains you'll be using it in, if the seats are washable and easy to clean, if it's easy to fold/unfold with one hand, if it's easy to use for public transport, if the shopping basket is big enough for your needs and if it's accessible, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment