Thursday, June 12, 2014

Stroller travel system question...?




Jenny B


I recieved the Bertini B5 Valencia for a baby shower present, the stroller that i wanted. But i have been searching everywhere on how to purchase a second base for another car.

Can anyone help me with this, a phone number and website, anything?

Thanks in advance, :)

27weeks 4 days.
He'll be here Jan 21, 2010



Answer
You could go to their website---Cosco Juvenile Group. But, I'd actually return that travel system, as it is no longer being made. Plus, Cosco is the lowest rated product in the infant seat category. I'd get a Graco if you're set on getting an infant seat. It's the highest rated in its' bracket, not to mention it's the safest.

Edit: According to Cosco's website, the base is not necessary for travel and you can strap it in without the base. But, common sense will tell anyone that it's just not as safe as it is with the base.

There is very little safety testing done by car seat manufacturers, so parents are suckered in by low prices thinking that they all meet the same standards, so must all be as safe as one another. It's not true. The industry minimum for car seat crash tests is 25-30 mph in a frontal impact crash.

That's what Cosco uses. Many of the other companies set higher standards for themselves. In addition, companies are in charge of reporting their own stats--there's not a federal agent walking around to make sure these companies are actually testing their seats. One Chicago Tribune study listed Cosco as the worst seat, leading to brain injuries from a chunk of plastic placed in the wrong location on the seat. I'd steer clear of them at all costs.

Debating on whether to buy a travel system or car seat and stroller separately?




Xand


Do babies use the stroller/car seat together often? I don't see my newborn and i going very many places. Perhaps the occasional walk. How long do they need to be in the car seat while in the stroller?

Buying them separately sounds best to me right now.. Because I can just buy a new car seat or get one from the hospital and then get a used stroller.

Im trying to save money but am willing to purchase new items that need to be purchased like that. What do you think? Travel system necessary or just buy separate?



Answer
I didn't think I'd need the system but we bought one anyway. It's really great especially when baby falls asleep in the car. We used it for about 8 or 9 months.

Buying separately will work good too. A snugli and a sling are also good when you need 2 hands (I have a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn).

It's all up to personal choice. I think I could have lived without the system having just one baby.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment