Tuesday, December 31, 2013

convertible car seat vs infant car seats?

baby travel systems vs convertible car seats on Britax Boulevard 70 Convertible Car Seat - Zebra - Baby Gear at Cribs
baby travel systems vs convertible car seats image






I was wondering if I could get some insight on purchasing a convertible car seat rather than an infant car seat for my baby. The convertible seat we are looking at can be rear facing and forward facing and sits from 5-65lbs. Or do you think we should just purchase the infant seat? Thank you in advance!


Answer
I bought a travel system with an infant seat. Itwas handy because I could move my baby in and out of the car without waking him. We moved him into the convertible seat (a Britax Boulevard, my son still loves that seat! He's 3 now) at about 9mths, rear facing, and he was a lot more comfortable in there than he was in the infant seat at that point. The infant seats have a lot of positive while your baby is young, but once they hit about 9-12months, you'll find your baby's head getting close to the top of the seat (the baby's head should be completely below the seat and within the side wings for maximum safety), and you might want to change. In the long run, it's cheaper just to buy a convertible now, but if money's not an issue and you want the convenience, then an infant seat is definitely a good investment.

Graco Travel System vs Snugride stroller frame?




Stephie


I am a First time mom and can't decide if I need a travel stroller system or if I just need the snap and go style system with infant car seat? Help!!!!!! Do I need both?


Answer
Don't get both!

You should get the snap n go style travel system until you decide what kind of stroller you want once your baby is a little bit older. You'll discover more what sort of lifestyle you will have with your baby, because, as you know, it will change in ways you cannot imagine. Then you'll have a better idea of what you want.

Do you exercise a lot? Then an all terrain or jogger stroller would be best for you, if you don't mind a bit of bulk.

Run errands and want something lightweight? Then an umbrella or lightweight stroller is best and there are LOTS of excellent choices.

Have a bigger budget and want something really nice? Oh my gosh, your options are huge. Start with the convertible strollers where you can have baby face you or face the world in a reversible seat.

I'm just saying that you have many more choices besides Graco, although this brand is very nice. I like their new Trekko all terrain stroller, and the new UrbanLite or FastFold are getting rave reviews.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment