Sunday, December 29, 2013

What do you do with the travel system for an infant when flying?

baby travel systems maxi cosi on Quinny Buzz Travel System - 3 & 4 Travel Systems from Quinny - 2009 ...
baby travel systems maxi cosi image



loki_only1


So... my 6month old and i are flying cross country. I know we need the car seat base when we get to cali, and i'd really like to have the stroller in the airport. i know they can put the carseat under the plane once we get to the gate... but do i have to pack the car seat base in my luggage?!

I have NO idea what i'm doing on this one. I know what to take for the baby, just dont know what to do about the car seat/base/stroller.



Answer
Actually, you probably don't even need your car seat base! I did the same thing when I first traveled and even went as far as to ship the base to my destination. then found out later I never needed my base! But most likely, your car seat can be placed in your car using a seat belt. There should be instructions for how to do this, either on your car seat or look online. I know Graco, Peg Perego and Maxi Cosi car seats can be used without their bases.
If your carseats fits into your stroller, you can bring them both thru security but they may have to do a special check on the equipment so leave yourself some time. if they are separate, there may be an issue, but I'd call the airport you are going to for more information on how to get through security.

Can anyone recommend a cheap twin buggy suitable for newborn twins?




Sarah


I am pregnant with twins and I have been searching the internet for prams for newborn twins they are all sooo expensive does anyone know of a cheap side by side carrycot twin pram or one with 2 carrycots? As this is doing my head in :) thanks in advance ...Sarah


Answer
First wheels city twin do a good twin pushchair, it can be used with carry cots and maxi cosi car seats to make it a travel system. Brand new it will cost £429.99 but that is only for the pram from kiddies kingdom it will cost £134.95 to purchase the carrycots. The seat units can face both ways which is great for when the babies have grown out their carrycots it means they can still face you.

http://www.kiddies-kingdom.com/ProductsDetails.aspx?item_id=488#

If you want a bargain then have a look on ebay, you will find the exact same pushchair but with all the accesories for a good price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=first+wheels+city+twin&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Good luck xx

P.S. My best friend has this pram for her twins and loves it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment