Saturday, April 19, 2014

Best Infant Car Seat/Travel System?

Q. Hi,we are expecting our first child and need help on infant car seats. We are either going to get a full travel system or a bugaboo cameleon stroller and just an infant car seat. So if you could please suggest infant car seats and/or travel systems that would be great! Thanks so much!


Answer
I got the Chicco Keyfit 30 Travel System for my son. It's a little pricey, but it was rated the safest car seat of 2011 by Consumer Reports. I haven't had any problems with it and I felt so relieved as a new mom as well to know my baby was in the safest car seat for the year. Definitely look into it and see if you guys would like it. Good luck with your search!! And congrats on the baby. :)

A good tandem travel system?

Q. I'm looking for a good tandem (double) travel system stroller....one that i can snap a car seat onto it but can also b used when the child is able to sit up...like a regular stroller...the brand doesn't matter...right now i'm using an eddie bauer system and will need to upgrade come july 2011


Answer
What exactly are you looking for? Something for twins or something for an older child and a newborn?

Add: Judging from your other questions, I'm assuming you are pregnant and have your 3 month old.

Honestly? It's unhealthy to put a baby in a baby carrier in a car seat because they should only be in the car seat as little as possible. It sits them at an angle that isn't good for breathing as well as curves them so that their digestion isn't as good. So until the newborn is 4months old or so, you really don't need to worry about a replacement.

For me, I decided to use a baby chest carrier (the Ergo) for the newborn and the stroller for my 2 year old. This is SO much easier (and safer) than when I used a baby seat in the stroller for my first. It also gives you more time and more options as far as double-strollers go. You can look at a doublestroller that doesn't lay completely flat instead of having to find one that lays flat.

However if you really want a double-stroller or need it because of your back or what have you, then the Chicco Together is one of the best I've seen. It has a fully reclining back seat and is the one I'd get if I was to get one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment