Monday, April 14, 2014

Travel Systems vs. Separate Stroller and Car Seat?




This is N


A friend of mine is having her first baby in September. I volunteered and said I would take care of the stroller and car seat. I originally thought I would just get her a travel system. Then I thought everytime she wants to take the baby somewhere she's going to have to take the carseat out and put it in the stroller everytime...which will become a hassle quickly. Then I started reading travel systems are dangerous. I want the baby to be safe but it will be more than I can afford to get good high quality seperate stroller and car seat. Also I don't want the baby to grow out of the carseat in 6 months...if that is inevitable though let me know. I need advice on what to get. Give me links too of products you reccomend.


Answer
I had a travel system. You are able to use the stroller without the carseat. My daughter is 3 and sometimes we still use the stroller. Also, the base of the carseat not only buckled into my car but had 2 metal clips that buckled into the base of my car's back seat. so it was VERY safe. Also, the carseat was up to 40 lbs. so she didnt need a new one until she was a year old and could face forward anyway. Id say Travel system cause you can use them seperately, its generally cheaper and they do match!

First time expecting mom seeking advice on infant car seat and strollers vs travel systems etc?!?




kjfdhgks


Hello
I am a first time expecting mother and am pretty confused on all the baby gear options. I've ruled out that, although a convertible car seat saves money and stuff, that I do want to go with an infant car seat so that I don't have to wake the baby every time we get out of the car...Maybe? lol Im also torn between using a travel system or just getting an infant car seat and a light weight stroller. I do plan on getting the baby Bjorn as well. Im only 4'10 and I have concerns with a travel system being too bulky and heavy. I also want to make sure Im going to get use out of it. I would love opinions from experienced mothers on what worked for you or even expecting parents and what your planning on doing. This is all so confusing and overwhelming as a first time mother because im not really sure what will work and all. Thanks=]



Answer
Definitely 100% get a travel system. We got one and it's made life much easier. The carseat snaps right into the stroller when they're little so you don't have to move them out of it and into a stroller. They make lots of lightweight ones- if you look on the internet at some, just check the weight- it will say how much in the description.

We had a baby bjorn too but only used it maybe 5 times. Barely ever used the bumbo either- both were waste of money in our case.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment