Monday, April 14, 2014

travel system or baby carrier?




Omari's Yu


I have both, but which do you think is best or the one that I should use the most? My baby isn't here yet (I'm 26 wks), but I'm trying to figure out which should I use the most when taking walks, shopping, etc. Which would be easiest and why? Thanks!


Answer
It will depend partly on what's comfortable for you and your baby.

With baby #1, I didn't know about slings, and she didn't like the Snugli carrier we had, so I used the travel system a lot. The infant carseat was definitely convenient for the times that she fell asleep in the carseat because I could move her in/out of the car without waking her. The biggest problem is how quickly they outgrow that infant seat.

With babies #2 and #3, I used a sling most of the time. With baby #2, I loved my ring and pouch slings. With baby #3, I almost exclusively used my Mei Tai carrier -- probably 1-3 hours a day from the time he was born until he was almost a year old. We took walks, I went grocery shopping, I could cook dinner, etc. all while he rode (and often napped) on my chest or back.

I will say that the stroller is very convient for things like trips to the mall where you'll be buying things and need a place to push them. There were times that I took the stroller even though I knew my kids would mostly ride in the sling b/c it gave me a place to put their stuff.

If you have a good sling/carrier, start using it right from the beginning to get baby used to it. Then, you can figure out what works best for you on a case by case basis. Good luck with your new little one!

Target Baby Registry!?




Ree


I've just signed up for my first registry at Target and I have not one single clue where to begin. I've never even held a baby, let alone know what all they need :)

A little help, mommies?
I'm having a baby boy!



Answer
Baby room furniture if you don't have it yet.

Stroller and carseat or travel system

High chair

Booster seat

Breast pump/storage bags/bottles

Boppy

Receiving blankets

Baby swing

Bouncy seat

LOTS of diapers

Baby wipes

Wipe warmer, if you want it

Baby bath tub

Baby essentials - shampoo, lotion

Baby grooming kit with nail clippers and all that stuff

Baby thermometer

Medicine - children's tylenol... better to have, than to have to run out and get it when baby is sick

Desitin for diaper rash

Extra car seat base if you need it

Diaper bag

Baby carrier/sling - the maya wrap ring slings are the best!

changing pad and cover

Bedding set and sheets

Warmer blankets and/or swaddle me wraps

Safety things like for the plug ins when baby starts moving around

Baby gate(s)

Feeding sets

Bibs

Trainer/sippy cups

Spoons

Rocking chair

Diaper genie

Sleep positioner if you plan on using one

Basinnet or pack 'n' play (Check out the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper bassinets, they're wonderful!)

Nightlight

Baby monitor

Activity gym and/or playmat

pacifiers if you plan on using them

*Some good advice I got when I was doing my registry - DON'T register for toys or clothes, that stuff is too cute to pass up, and people are going to buy you more than you need even if you don't put it on your registry.

Good luck!!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment