Friday, April 18, 2014

CHICCO, BRITAX or Graco baby travel systems!!!!?

Q. I am looking for the best all around safe but practical baby stroller with infant car seat....i know the CHICCO is top rated and #1.....has anyone used either of these brands and which models?? What r ur opinions and comments?? I need ur help ladies!!!! I like the CHICCO cortina and BRITAX b agile but not sure which would be best.


Answer
Leaving a baby in a car seat to let them sleep or to let them ride in a stroller is not a recommended sleep position. The tilt and the curve of the seat decreases the oxygen level in their blood. For a newborn, you want to use a pram-type or flat surface, full recline basically. Or you can use a baby chest carrier (like a moby wrap or ergo) until they hit about 4-6 months when they sit up and then it doesn't matter.

So, the B-Agile Britax stroller does not fully recline. Which is stupid because they make plenty of fully reclining strollers in other countries and have a pram attachment even for their other stroller (which is ridiculously expensive.) The car seat is a good one, and I like the anti-roll bar on the seat, and also goes down to 4lbs for preemie use. But with the stroller you'd want to wait using it until baby is a bit older. The wheels, from my experience, are nice and very maneuverable and I do like the design, but not for a newborn.

The Chicco Stroller lays fully flat even without the car seat in it. The car seat is also a good one, some go down to 4lbs for preemie size, and are a highly rated design. When I was looking for an infant seat I was torn between the Chicco Key-fit 30 and the Graco Snugride 35, they were (from what I could see) the best at the time. The wheels on the stroller are fairly standard size though, and it's a bit harder to push (it's bulkier than the Britax design, so that's to be expected.)

The Graco Travel systems tend to be awfully bulky and annoying from my experience, however there are some Graco strollers that I think look very promising but I haven't tried out yet. The Graco Snugride 35 is a great car seat from my experience, I loved being able to adjust the incline without having to try and move the seat around, just rotate the dial. It goes down to 4lbs as well. My Graco Snugride 35 went through my son, then I handed it to my sister who could not afford a seat and it went through her son (she's far less careful with car seats), and she's handing it down to my niece. It still looks in very good condition, so I'm pleased with how it's held up. I cannot say the same for the basic Snugride that I got with my daughter. That one not only got recalled but the padding and everything wasn't that comfortable and after a year of use it just didn't look good at all. The stroller that I got with my basic Snugride had small wheels, was bulky, hard to do anything with, and took up the entire backseat of our car. It was AWFUL. Again, it eventually got recalled.

But the Graco Strollers today have a wider variety. The Fast Action fold Graco lays flat. The Quatro Tour lay flat, Styllus LX, they even have a 3 wheeler now that lays flat, the Trekko. These all come with the Snugride 30, which I wasn't as impressed with, but is still going to be a good seat. The Graco snugride also goes to 40lbs now, but the problem I ran into with my Snugride 35 is that after about 10 months old my son wanted to sit up more and when we switched him to a convertible that allowed that he stopped crying. My nephew right now (my sister is still using the seat) screams when he rides in her car seat with her... but when he rode in my car just twice all complaints stopped and he is an angel in the car (she doesn't believe me, but he is.) That recline is great for babies, but once they hit about 10 months it seems they want to sit up.

If it was me, I would not get a travel system. I'd look at the different seats and try picking them up and carrying them and putting a doll in and out of them, then decide what works with my family. I would not stress the weights, though I would probably get one that goes to 4lbs just 'in case'. Then I'd look at different strollers, some of the ones that Graco has released really interest me with the bigger wheels and lay flat abilities. However, with my son I tried carrying my son in an Ergo and he didn't want out until well over a year old, meaning the lay flat would be more of an option. Consider what you'll use the stroller for; walking in parks, off-road areas, just shopping malls and zoos, up and down stairs and buses? Different wheels work best for different uses. Lighter is always nicer it seems. And see how small it folds up because you don't want it taking up a seat in your car.

What is the best travel system for baby?




whatup


i am 23 weeks pregnant, my grandma is buying us the travel system- stroller/base/carseat thing in 5-7 weeks. We need it to be under 220 at the most, prefir 200 and under.

Walmart
target
babys r us ect.... we want to go pick it up not ship it

is there a site to look at the 5 point harness system ect....

any parents have a great one they used for years that is easy to push, and store items in when pushing baby ect.... and a very safe carseat?

thanks!



Answer
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Travel-Systems-and-Pushchairs/Travel-systems/Graco-Excursion-Travel-System-in-Bluestone(0069908)
thats a good graco travel system for only £150 - 3 wheeler aswell!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment