Monday, August 19, 2013

Can I keep him in his infant carseat?

baby travel systems buying guide on 21 Steps - Whistler Village Dining
baby travel systems buying guide image
Q. He is 29 inches long but only 15 pounds, only his legs barely hang off, I don't exactly know the height limits for his carseat, we have the Acella Sport Travel System made by Safety 1st, I looked on the website and didnt see anything.

I'm just wondering, my mom just bought us this travel system and I'm wondering how much longer we can use it.
http://www.safety1st.com/product/detail.asp?ID=897&model=6757

we have that one, I didnt see the limits on it.....maybe I am missing it....does anyone have the same carseat as me?
Thank you Sarah and Gracies mom!

I was typing this question and trying to look online myself and already posted it after I saw your answer to my last question :)


Answer
The height is only a guide line since some babies are long in the body and others are long in the legs. The child is too tall of the seat when there is 1inch or less from the top of babies head to the top of the car seat.
http://www.carseatsite.com/installing_your_car_seat.htm

There have been no documented cases of rear-facing children breaking their legs, hips or feet because of their feet touching the back of the vehicle seat. Even if the child's legs did break, it is much easier to repair broken legs then it is to repair broken necks and ruptured spinal cords. From being turned too early so if you do change seats make sure baby is rear facing till 1 year and 20-22 lbs. but baby is safer rear facing as long ass possible
http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/pages/420...

Baby Shower and Registry question?




and so it


I have a baby registry and pretty much everything in there is the cheapest I can find from $7 to $30. I probably wont know some of the people invited, so should I let them know I am registered or just my family and friends? What if I send out the invites to everyone with a small note that says:
"Gifts not required. However, if you feel so inclined and need an idea feel free to visit our registry at Walmart" or something like, "Gifts not required, but if you want to get one and need some ideas check out our registry at Walmart"
And the registry would say, "Thank you for taking the time to visit our registry. Please don't feel obligated to get anything as your presence is the best gift" Or any combination of the 3.
I don't want to sound like I don't want anything but I also don't want to come off as tacky or greedy. Also, what should I add to the registry or not add to the registry. Thanks in advance.
Im not throwing my baby shower, Im just doing the invitations.



Answer
When you registered they should have given you registry card. You include those in your invites. So people know where you are registered. Some people will buy you things that aren't on your registry, but most people buy you what's on there. I wouldn't put a note on the inside that says anything about gift not required. A baby shower is meant for people to buy the new expecting parents what they need for the baby. People realized that. If they don't want to buy you something, they won't. I added everything to my registry. Just in case someone wanted to buy it for me, you never know. Like, my grandma and 2 great aunts are going in of the bedding together (that was $180.00). Plus, at Babies R Us, whatever you don't get off your registry close to your due date, you get a 1 time 15% off. So I did everything, in case someone doesn't get me the more expensive things, most likely won't, but then I can get it cheaper. I added diapers, wipes, bedding, sheets, plain white onesies, a few toys, pack and play, travel system, bouncy seat, swing, all the decor for the room, mattress, bibs, bottles, bath stuff (baby tub, shampoo, first aid kit, thermometer), baby monitor, everything. A place like Babies R Us, gives you a guide to what you should register for (you can get the list online). They told me register for 3-5 gifts per person invited. Hope I helped! My shower is this weekend!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment