Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What is the best stroller to buy for a new baby?

baby travel system jogger stroller on baby stroller umbrella - Amazing Goods PlayStation
baby travel system jogger stroller image



Kim B


I seen those travel system strollers but they are so bulky! Any suggestions? I am looking for something that is compact and easy to lug around- if that is possible. :) Thanks!


Answer
Aha! I can answer this one! I did tons of stroller research and I found the perfect one! It's the Valco Latitude. It is a 3 wheeler but not a jogger and it is only 17 lbs. If folds very small and is super light. The front wheel swivels or locks out. It has a nice, roomy cargo basket underneath. It comes with the attachment straps to add the carseat when baby is a newborn and when baby gets a little older the seat is super adjustable. Baby can sit almost completely upright to see the world or even lie completely flat for naps. It has a nice big canopy for sun shade and even comes with the wind/rain cover and cold weather boot! All the other strollers I looked at that were in the same category ended up being much more expensive because the accessories are sold separately. I paid almost $300 for the whole thing and it was worth ever penny! It is able to be used up till 50 lbs too! So you should never have to buy another one down the road. Also I like to travel a lot and its super light for gettin in and out of the trunk or on and off the plane etc. It has a telescoping handle too so if you are on the tall side it's still very comfortable to push. Very maneuverable, smart design, looks great! I can't say enough goos about it! Check it out online at: http://www.babystrollershop.com/valco_latitude_single.htm

I love it!!!

Is it safe to jog with a travel system stroller?




Kristina


I want to start jogging some while on my daily "walks" with my 10 week old son but am not sure if you're supposed to jog with regular strollers. I have a travel system by Graco and it seems plenty sturdy and safe for a moderate paced jog. I'd rather not spend more money to get another stroller when my other one's brand new and I use it for everything else.


Answer
It isn't recommended. They aren't made for jogging. Hit up a yard sale or craigslist for a good used jogger. Most of them will accept any car seat, and your baby is old enough to go in the stroller without the car seat if it doesn't fit. I got my jogger on sale at babies r us for $60, when she was 2, even though we already had four different size strollers. I sold all of them but an umbrella stroller and the jogger. I am pregnant again, and bought a sit n stand, but will use the jogger as the primary stroller.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment