Saturday, August 24, 2013

What are your top ten baby products ever?

baby travel systems clearance on Graco Quattro Tour Sport Travel System - Buy from Online4Baby.
baby travel systems clearance image



Expecting!


I am starting to shop for the new baby and i am worried i will forget something. What were your must haves? What was a waste of money and what do you wish you had but didn't.


Answer
1 - carseat (I like the travel system with stroller kind)
2 - baby carrier - I love the Ergo carrier but also have several others that seldom get used. A Moby wrap is nice for nursing though & good for newborns
3 - clothing of course & whatever type of diapers you plan to use (cloth or disposables)
4 - diaper changing table/station - ours is downstairs & it makes it so much nicer than going up & down stairs all day.
5 - breastpump - but I had to go back to work - it's not as necessary if you stay home & then of course all the stuff that goes with that...breastpads (I think Johnson & Johnson make the best disposables AND cloth ones) - Lansinoh cream for nipples, milk storage bags (they warm MUCH faster whether frozen or just refrigerated), bottles of some sort....my preference is Second Nature
6 - exersaucer - my first LIVED in this thing as soon as he could set up & still asked to get in after he could walk...LOL
7 - Boppy Pillow or Breastfriend - whether you nurse or not - it is a back saver!
8 - Swing - baby may or may not love it. My first hated the swing & never never took to it - but you can't know until you know & many babies love them. They will be a lifesaver if baby likes them for things like showering.
9 - Bumbo Seat - my first loved this thing & we used it until he didn't fit in it. He loved to eat there instead of the highchair..so we packed the bulky highchair up after a certain point & I don't plan to even bother getting it out this time. Our Bumbo has a tray & everything - so it's totally sufficient.
10 - Swaddle-me blankets. Both my babies have loved swaddling but I never got one of these until this time - now I own 5...LOL They are wonderful for a baby that likes swaddling!

Stuff we didn't need that we bought or were given:
With my first - the swing - total waste, same with the highchair
We bedshare with our babies, so I don't really need a bed for them that first year...but I do keep a bassinet for naps, etc. I bought a crib for my first after he was a year & attached it to our bed to give us all a little more room. We didn't need one or want one until then. The nice part is because I waited & just kept an eye out for a deal I got a nearly $500 crib for $99 ob clearance. You definitely don't need a bed in a bag for your crib. They recommend you don't use any bedding in with baby & also no bumper...so just buy the sheets & bedskirt as that is all you are supposed to use anyway. I didn't even do that - since it was attached to our bed I bought an extra twin bedskirt to match our bed & twin sheets. The I made the bedskirt work with tucking & safety pins & I use these: http://www.google.com/products?q=snug+sheets+clips&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Gz7NS5SDA4WsNe_ciNMP&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDEQrQQwAg to make the sheets snug. It's very easy.

what type of stroller travel system is best?




tender_hea


trying to find a travel system for first baby-- can't figure out what to get. Graco, evenflo, safety first? any help is appreciated. needing one that can recline and is easy to get into a compact car. ANY IDEAS?


Answer
I'm pretty happy with my Graco travel system, but this particular stroller is a bit bulky when folded.
Go online to Target, Wal-mart, etc or another place you can buy travel systems and read the reviews! It helped really me when I was trying to find one.


Here's the one I got: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-FlipIt-Travel-System-Emery/13060515
It says it's not sold in stores but the Wal-mart in my area had it on clearance for $80! Ridiculous! There's nothing wrong with the travel system though..they were just clearing out and rearranging the store.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment