Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Where can I find car seat/stroller travel systems for girls that are NOT pink and under $200?

baby trend jogger travel system pink on 00 05 baby product baby stroller and car seat combo
baby trend jogger travel system pink image



highgoals2


Where can I find car seat/stroller travel systems for girls that are NOT pink and under $200?
I live in northern Indiana. I can order online (for stores that offer online purchases)



Answer
Things to consider. Why? I mean, except for transporting your baby in the car, a car seat should not be used for things like riding in the stroller, or on shopping carts, or things like that. It comes from the studies done in the last year or so that shows that a baby left to sleep or sit in an inclined position for too long can get into an oxygen lowered state. Ie, it's not good for them to be in an inclined position like a car seat for longer than 2 hours full in a day, until they're older than about 6 months old.

Now, since recalls done on strollers are far less than recalls done on car seats, you can get the stroller from someone selling second-hand (just doublecheck recall lists) and get a better car seat. The Chicco brand stroller, for instance, lays flat, making it usable from newborn on up. :) On Ebay, I can see a few for under $100 (make sure they say fully reclining.) I'm sure you could find some at Craigslist as well. :) Otherwise, you could consider using a baby chest carrier for the first few months until your baby is old enough (3-6 months) to sit at a slight incline, then you can get a stroller that nearly reclines all the way.

If you do that, my favorite travel system is the Baby Trend, at least to recommend to people. It's under $200, the car seat is one of the top safety rated (though the buckles are a pain in the neck I'll warn you now), and the stroller is a jogger that you can use as a stroller. I LOVE ours. They recline far enough back for about 2+months, so I wouldn't put a newborn in it, but if you can last the 2 months then it lasts to 40lbs. Only negative is that the basket is only rated to carry 5lbs, so you can't bring a huge diaper bag with you (or if you do you have to carry it.)

Shoot though. If you're dead set on a travel system, you can always find someone selling the stroller that goes with a travel system, buy that for a cheaper price, and then use the rest of the money to get the car seat, and get it cheaper that way. But I'm not a fan of travel systems. To me it seems like it ropes folks into thinking a baby should sleep in the car seat and it's just not safe.
=

Baby Trend Phantom Jogger Stroller - which car seat?




LaDiDa


I love the positive reviews for the Baby Trend Phantom Jogger Stroller, but am discouraged by the reviews for the Baby Trend Phantom Infant Car Seat. I am somewhat confused cos the Baby Trend Jogger Travel System has great reviews - I assumed it's the stroller and car seat mentioned earlier, sold as a set. Either no one likes the car seat on its own, or I'm getting the strollers mixed up.

Looking for options for car seats for the Baby Trend Phantom Jogger Stroller stroller, I dont see any mention of compatible car seats for the stroller on the Baby Trend website. I don't care if it is a Baby Trend car seat, it just needs to fit the stroller.

I'm so confused with the many strollers and car seats there are and want a set that's affordable but wouldnt fall into pieces within months. My budget is $200 for both the car seat and the stroller.

Just wondering if any of you have the Baby Trend Phantom Jogger Stroller, and what car seat do you use with it. How do you like the stroller? What other car seat/stroller combo would you recommend if not this?

Thank you very much in advance!



Answer
Personally, I think for that budget, its a great option.

The baby trend seats are known to be nice seats in the carseat world. They are affordable, and they've made some improvements in the last year or so. I read some of the reviews on target.com - frankly, I don't put much into reviews online for carseats.... 9 out of 10 people have their seat installed incorrectly. So clearly, its harder to use a seat when its used incorrectly.

(you can get the whole system here: http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-trend-jogger-travel-system-9139ct.html with 10% off by the way)

This is a good system: http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-quattro-tour-sport-travel-system-nectar.html and the seat goes up to 30lbs. The graco strollers are actually pretty good quality... they are just huge. But if I was in this pricerange, it's probably what I'd end up with.

If you can go up just a bit - what I would recommend is the chicco system... it's much more like a high end stroller/carseat then other mass produced strollers -
http://www.albeebaby.com/chicco-keyfit-22-cortina-travel-system-adventure.html

Stay away from Evenflo...

I'd say you're headed the right direction with the baby trend. You an also buy a stroller and combine it with a carseat individually...

like you could buy this: http://www.albeebaby.com/fraco-metrolight-stroller-in-soho.html and this: http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-infant-safeseat-step-1-8a15nct-nectar.html

if you're having a girl... this: http://www.albeebaby.com/quinny-zapp-stroller-bright-pink.html and this: http://www.albeebaby.com/maxi-cosi-micro-infant-car-seat-happy-flowers.html (LOVE This one...)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment