Sunday, August 18, 2013

I bought a used infant car seat and stroller; can I dye the fabric a different color?

baby travel systems black on Hauck Eagle Soft Trio Set Turquoise Travel System from Online4baby
baby travel systems black image



Meredith F


I am expecting a baby in May and bought a used travel system on Craigslist. The pattern is pretty gender neutral, but I would like to dye it navy blue or black. Can this be done, and what would be the best type of dye to use? I've heard Rit isn't as good as some other ones.


Answer
Don't say dye, say Rit's All Purpose Cleaning Rinse. (God, I'm old!)

Just wash it a few times after you dye it, and dry it, and it shouldn't run too badly.

I have an evenflo aura travel system how do you adjust the straps?

Q. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the shoulder straps. I have lost my manuel. My baby's shoulders are higher than the slots that the straps are in. There are black clips on the back of the car seat that allow you to tighten the straps. I tried to take the straps out of these clips but I can't seem to get them out. Please help me soon. I don't believe she is in the seat correctly right now. Thank you.


Answer
I hope this information helps:

1) There are harness anchors (metal clips) located on the bottom of the seat. Push these up through the slot to the front of the seat on both sides. To do this, you will need to pull them toward you, and then turn the anchors to fit through the slots.

2) You should be able to remove the bottoms of the straps at this point. Remove them, then pull the tops of the straps through the slots. (You will need to remove the buckles during this process.)

3) Slide the straps through the slot you need for the correct harness height.

4) Replace the buckles in the correct positions.

5) Replace the bottoms of the straps into the harness anchors.

6) Push the harness anchors through the padding and back into the bottom of the seat. Clip into place.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment