Thursday, September 19, 2013

Choosing a pram/ travel system is driving me crazy! There are so many!?

baby travel systems 3 wheeler on Trendy Baby - Bristol - Prams, Pushchairs, Car Seats, Nursery, Bathing ...
baby travel systems 3 wheeler image



GemTTC #2


I am getting so confused as to which is the best. Plus I live in Spain where they are so expensive for a cheap plastic looking one so I will order it over the internet from an English site.

So, what buggy/pram/travel system did you buy? What you recommend? I am planning on buying a decent enough one because its my first baby but don't want to spend more than 300pounds.

Thank you! Your advise is really appreciated!



Answer
Hello hun, I have to disagree with your 3 answers both Graco and Chicco are TERRIBLE brands.
The 3 worth buying are the Quinny Buzz 3 or 4 depending on whether you favour 3 wheelers or 4, The Bugaboo Bee which is the lightest smallest travel system on the market, not to mention the most popular, and last and my personally least favourite is the MacLaren XT.
I personally shopped around and got an amazing deal on the Bugaboo Bee.. it included the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat, the cocoon, the footmuff, rain cover and adapters all for under £500 ... there are various places on line doing deals on the Bee so dont let the advertised prices put you off... Try this site http://ladybugsbaby.easywebstore.co.uk/Bugaboo-Bee-Newborn-Package_AICQZ.aspx or elsewhere.
Graco are cheap and badly made, you are also unable to use good quality carseats with them, and you will most likely regret buying one so much that you will end up buying something to replace it.
Maclaren, i personally dont like, but many people find after 6 months to a year they are buying a lightweight stroller in addition to their travel system. That is why the MacLaren XT or XSI are good options as you can use them for your baby and then later as a lightweight stroller. The Bee does this too and i prefer it by far.
We also looked on Kiddicare and loved the MaxiCosi Loola (NOT the loola up) but thought it might be too heavy, and big. but it is fab!

Hope that helps... xx

I'm looking for a 3-wheeled stroller?




Danni


My husband and I are looking to get a 3-wheeled stroller, but there are so many out there I don't know which to go with. I was hoping someone owning a 3-wheeled stroller could help me out? I've looked at different makes/brands but these reviews are driving me nuts!
So, if you own one...
What brand do you have? Do you like it? Would you recommend it to others? I love the travel systems, but I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be one. Some brands I'm looking into so far are: Mia Moda Energi stroller, BabyTrend Expedition Travel System, Graco Trekko, and also the Jeep 3-wheeled stroller.
Is anybody able to weigh in with their opinions?



Answer
I would recommend going to a store like babies-r-us and trying some out. We have a Baby Trend and honestly I do like it. But I don't recommend a jogging stroller until they're 6 months up. As far as I know, there isn't a 3 wheeled stroller that lays flat, and newborns need that. It's also not good to rely on the car seat because the slope that they're kept at can interfere with breathing (SIDS recommendations are to keep the baby sleeping on a flat surface.) My favorite combo? A nice ergonomic carrier (like the Ergo or Moby-Wrap) for the first 6 months, then a nice 3-wheeled stroller with off-road capabilities once they're able to sit up. :) I did that with my son, pushing his sister in the stroller, and it was WONDERFUL, they're so little and snuggly against you at that age there's no reason to need a travel system or even use a stroller for them. And biologically they want to see your face and snuggle up by you, not be in a stroller, until they're able to physically start exploring a bit then they seem to like a stroller more.

It also sort of depends what you're using it for. If you're jogging with your stroller, then the Baby Trend isn't a good one because the front-wheel is loose or you can lock it in place, so for serious joggers that front wheel tends to come loose with time and wobble, not good. If you're going off-road though, then I prefer one like the Baby Trend because you can leave the front wheel so it turns and it's not hard to control, also the wheels are bike-wheels so you can get all-terrain bike wheels or just carry a bike-repair kit and if you get a flat then it's not hard to fix. If you're wanting city-type living, one handed folding, etc, then one like the Britax B-Agile will work, with smaller wheels.

I have never liked the Jeep 3 wheeler, every one I tried just didn't work for us. I like my Baby Trend because of the big wheels and how easy they are to fix, but don't like how it's not really great for jogging, still we use ours mostly off-roading. In stores, the long profile can get in the way, but the narrow width makes it so that anywhere I can walk through comfortably, the stroller easily fits.

So really it all depends on what you want it for. If you want it for jogging and exercise, get a real jogger with a fixed front wheel. If you want it for city, then the big wheels and long profile can get in the way on buses and in stores, the smaller wheeled varieties will serve you better. If you want it off-road (sand, big curbs, trails, rocks, etc), the big wheels and turning front wheel capabilities are far better. If you plan on having more kids, consider things like the Britax B-Ready (ridiculously expensive, but you can find other brands that do the same thing) where there's 4 wheels, but very maneuverable and able to be adjusted for a flat pram-like bed or 2 kids riding in it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment