Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What is a good stroller for airline travel?

baby travel systems for small cars on Complete System Of Practical Book-keeping: Exemplified In Eleven ...
baby travel systems for small cars image



Kelly


I have a four month old and I do not want to hassle with taking my whole travel system on the plane. My in-laws have a car seat for us so all I need is something compact and easy that I can use for an infant, preferably that can go in the overhead or captain's closet. I love the travel system I have here at home so I do not want to spend more than like 100 dollars on this one b/c I won't use it much. Any suggestions?


Answer
I've done lots and lots of flying with my infant (he's nine months and we've been averaging a trip every two months) and I'm actually wondering why you don't want to bring your travel system? The airlines I have flown (Continental, Northwest, American) have all never said a peep to me about checking both my car seat and the stroller. I have a Snap n Go by Baby Trend (this was 60 dollars at BRU) which I LOVE simply because it is so light...but the only time that would be nice in an airport is when you have to lift it onto the conveyer belt to get xrayed. I have found the stroller incredibly handy because you can stow things in the basket and hang your carryon from the handle bars, etc. I don't know why you would want to bring a smaller stroller since the airlines have no problem with checking it at the gate...that means they do all the lifting.

What was your favorite and most used gift from your baby shower?




Cmeyer


I am curious what your favorite gift was and most used gift that you received from your baby shower? My favorite gift was probably the baby carrier and my most used would have to be between a travel system stroller and baby swing. I am trying to figure out a gift to get my cousin whose pregnant. I already know that her parents are getting a lot of gifts she will need for the baby. I also am wondering what smaller gifts you liked receiving?


Answer
Most practical was definitely an infant car seat from my friend. Cara grew out of it at about 7months, but I used it up until then and I'm definitely keeping it for #2. They are pretty expensive though, and you have to make sure that it's compatible with the car. This isn't small, but it was the most useful.

I have a baby blanket from when I was little, so it was sentimental receiving blankets. They're very basic, but useful and I appreciated them a lot. I got 17 of them though, so if you want to get your cousin something more unique, maybe you could monogram it.

Pacifiers, bottles, etc. all come in handy a lot, especially since Cara liked to throw her bottles to the floor and they would roll away somewhere we couldn't find them (until, of course, they started to smell...). Some good brands for these are Nuby, Graco, etc.

also, any type of organizer is great! I have a really cute one that I actually bought myself, it used to hold diapers and such now it holds bath toys, pull-ups and clothes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment