Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Questions for parents/pregnants?




Joey


So, getting very few responses in the actual baby section, but I know this section is full of parents, pregnants and TTCs, who actually respond. We're TTC and looking at travel systems.

1) do you use a travel system or do you have a separate car seat?
2) how often do you use the carseat on the pushchair?
3) do you use isofix or not?
4) do you use a carrycot or just the "lie-flat" baby position?
5) opinions/personal experience on this travel system? http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10751&langId=-1&productId=215516&source=froogle&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle&rw.cm=Google+PLA,ppc,&cm_mmc=icrossing-_-Google+PLA-_-Product+Feed-_-null
6) would you consider the above pushchair to have a unisex colour?

for twins/two young children
7) side-by-side or tandem? why?



Answer
1 - We used a travel system when our son was small...and we LOVED it

2 - I used it every single time I was out alone with the baby. I'm small and found the carrier too heavy, so I'd just click it into the stroller. When my fiancé was with me, we used it in the stroller for longer trips, but if we were only going to be thirty minutes or so, my fiancé held the carrier.

3 - We did and still do. We're all about getting whatever we can to enhance safety.

4 - We were given a carrycot as a gift and we thought it would be awesome to keep him warm because he was born in the middle of Canadian winter. However, we only ended up using it once or twice. We opted for one of the car seat covers with the warm lining instead. We had one like this: http://best-car-seats-reviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/41uBjeBOIiL.jpg He slept in it no problem, and it was nice because if he fell asleep in it we could just attach it to the base in the car instead of having to take him out and wake him.

5 - It's cute! I have no personal experience with that brand, but it looks very versatile and I like the wind breaker attachment. We had a similar travel system where the seat converted into a flat surface, which was really nice when he outgrew the carseat but was still using the stroller. I don't know how important this is to you, but I couldn't have a travel system that didn't have cup holders or storage on the handle. I always kept a drink for myself in the upholder and a teether or something in the storage compartment. But that's all about the individual preference.

6 - Ehhhh I guess so. My automatic assumption was boy, but I guess it's kind of unisex. I think this one is more unisex, granted it isn't as cute
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10751&langId=-1&productId=206340&source=monetate&cm_mmc=Kiddicare-_-Shopping%20Sites-_-CPC-_-Monetate.

7 - I don't have twins, but I used to babysit twins who had both. I MUCH preferred the tandem. The side-by-side was sooo awkward. It's absolutely massive, almost impossible to navigate through stores, difficult to get through doorways, and you take up the entire sidewalk. The tandem was so much easier since it's the same width as a single stroller. They had one a lot like this:
http://www.online4baby.com/baby-jogger-city-select-tandem-travel-system-ruby




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment