Monday, June 2, 2014

what stroller would you recommend- I'm making a baby registry?




Amanda


I know this is the wrong section but nobody answered on the Parenting section.
Is there a stroller that you really love that you would recommend to me that is under 300$ ? Some info about me- I am 5"4 so don't want something too big. I don't jog, and the sidewalks here are pretty smooth. It will be winter when I have the baby. I don;'t care about fashion- just functionality.
Would you recommend a travel system or a separate stroller and car seat?

Here are some that I looked at- what do you think of each of these?

This one is 50$
http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-Stroller-Impulse/dp/B002SNAG4C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1280026426&sr=1-1

This one is close the $300
http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Wave-Stroller-Urban/dp/B002WB2GLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1280026489&sr=1-1

This one's a jogger
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-City-Single-Stroller/dp/B002MZZJU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1280026548&sr=1-1

and this one's a travel system
http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Travel-System-Barcelona-Bluegrass/dp/B002RL7UQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1280026630&sr=1-1



Answer
I personally think travel systems are the best way to go. However, if your baby is big, you won't be able to use some of the infant seats past 20 or 22 lbs. They all have different height/weight limits. Some infant seats go up to 35 lbs. which is GREAT for a big baby. My son grew out of his infant seat at 5 months, but my daughters could stay in theirs until they were 14 months old because they were not yet 22 lbs. and weren't 29 inches tall yet.

I think travel systems are great if you're out a lot, or if the baby is going to be 0-6 months during the winter. This way you can keep them bundled up more... And see my babies always wake up if I try to get them out of their car seats and transfer them to a stroller. So I liked being able to just pop them into the stroller while they were in their car seats.

Which is the best car seat for my 6 month old baby?




firsttimem


My son is almost 6 months old but he is 19lbs(8.8kg) and 69cm(27inches) tall!! We have a Graco deluxe travel system which has been great but now the straps are really difficult to get around him. Time for a new seat. Of course I want to buy the safest for my son and I would like one that I can use as he grows (booster?) I am looking for suggestions of what to buy or what to avoid buying.

Also, given that he is only 6 months, should it still be rear-facing? Or because he is so big is front facing ok?

Confused Mom
THANKS for the clarification about the rear-facing thing!! P.O.I. I live in foreign country and can't go shopping to get some advice... I am counting on you guys :) Thanks again~~



Answer
Definitely rear facing for the first year...
we switched my son into his convertable seat around 7 months, and I did a lot of research beforehand.
If you can afford it, Brittax is wonderful... a bit out of our price range though. We were happy with our Graco infant carrier, but I didn't like the convertables as much. We ended up with Evenflo Triumph Advance, and have been very happy with it! http://www.evenflo.com/Homepage/ProductList/tabid/203/Default.aspx?categoryid=0967b93d-ca99-479b-99cd-cb460e254ea8 and it's pretty gender neutral. Good luck. I'd try going on sites like Babiesrus.com and reading the parent reviews on different seats. I found that to be quite helpful.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment