Sunday, October 27, 2013

Can you jog with a newborn in a car seat attached to a jogging stroller?

baby travel systems jogging on Travel System Jogger | Baby Trend Jogging Stroller
baby travel systems jogging image



Whiskey Ta


I know that babies are not supposed to be placed in joggers until they are around six months old. However, my jogging stroller is a travel system and has an carrier infant car seat that can be attached to the jogging stroller very securely. So, can I run with the baby in the car seat or is this really only supposed to be utilized if I am walking with the stroller?


Answer
Yes, you can run if the seat securely attaches to the jogger. Just make sure you have it locked in according to the directions and make sure your infant is buckled up before running (And use a head stabilizer). Also, use the little leash they give you that attached to the jogger when you run.

*We're talking about jogging, not relay sprinting, folks. Children jostle more in a car driving at 25 mph than in a secured infant carrier on a track. Light jogging after 6 weeks on an indoor track is quite safe.

What is the best jogging stroller at an affordable price?




kldepalma


I am looking for a good jogging stroller. I have a 19 month old son and I have been using the Graco travel system stroller when I go walking jogging. I go almost every morning and bring my son with me. The Graco stroller is not ideal for jogging because it has 4 wheels and I struggle and get tired very easily when I start to jog. Anyone have any suggestions?


Answer
Jogging strollers can get pretty expensive. You can get the Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller for a decent price. Its not the best jogger out there but great for the price!

Check it out: http://www.stroller-obsession.com/baby-trend-jogging-stroller.html

Looking for a second hand one is a good idea too, I second that!

Good luck!

Julie




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment