Saturday, November 2, 2013

Car seat questions: Which company is better?

baby trend travel systems girls on double snap and go stroller baby
baby trend travel systems girls image



Snake


My wife is about a week from her due date with out little girl. We need to get a car seat now but we're torn between these because they all have good ratings so we're wondering which you think is best(coming from people who own/have owned any)? My wife's car is a 4 door 2006 Pontiac G6 and she wants the travel system so that she doesn't have to worry about getting our daughter out of her car seat all the time since she'll be taking her with her more than I will while she's very young. These are the two we think would be pretty good but we're not sure which one is better over the other. What do you think? And if they both measure out to about the same,which color would you pick for a girl? (With the second link be sure to scroll down to the Baby Trend Stride Sport Travel System - Cherry Chocolate)

http://www.discount-comfortersets.com/graco-alano-travel-system-melanie/

http://www.topratedbabystrollers.net/baby-trend-stride-sport-travel-system-cherry-chocolate/



With my truck I don't have to worry about a car seat not fitting in the back. Since I don't have to, I'm just going to go ahead and get a convertible seat so I don't have to worry about getting another seat for a while. These the first seat my friend with 3 kids recommended since she uses them. The second my brother in law suggested but he hasn't used his yet(baby hasn't been released from the hospital yet). Which do you think would be the safer and better buy? If the same,which would you pick for a girl?

http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524892518853&pfx=pfx_shopcompare&cid=shopping7&mr:referralID=d9d80135-76c3-11e0-9770-001b2166becc

http://www.thefirstyears.com/product/detail/Y11266?locale=en_US

(let me know if any of the links don't work and I'll try and repost it)
I get the whole "don't leave baby in car seat too long" and all that which is another reason why I'm just going to get the covert. seat. It's what my wife wants and it's a choice that's left up to between her and I. Recommendations are just that though,recommendations. If you're a parent the choice of how you move your baby around,in infant carrier or taking them out when you go into a store or to the doctors,is up to you.



Answer
Graco is bad ass..I have a matching stroller and carseat. I couldn't live without either.

What is the best stroller?




volata_bio


I am going to be a first time mom and I need help finding a good stroller!! :)

What I am looking for:

Light weight as possible (I live on the 3rd floor)
Easy to move around corners
Has a sun shield
And most important.....
Is a stroller that has a removable car seat so I can use it for when my little girl is a newborn, infant, and toddler. I just don't want to have to go and buy a new one with each stage :)


thank you!!!!!!!



Answer
Strollers that lay flat are safe for a newborn, strollers that use a car seat actually are less than ideal because the car seat scrunches their back, tilts them forward more and can cause breathing problems as well as possible back issues. The SIDS studies still recommend laying a baby flat to sleep, not leaving them in a car seat. Also, hauling the car seat in and out of the car is heavy. It makes your 7-10 lb baby into a 27-30lb baby... which is as heavy as my 4 year old daughter and 20 month son, both of whom would be able to walk up the stairs. Basically, by the time they weighed as much as that car seat + baby they would be able to walk themselves instead of having to have me carry them up. If you want lightweight and easy to move, then you have got to dump the idea of using a baby car seat as anything but a car seat.

With my daughter I used a Graco travel system and it was miserable until I got a baby chest carrier (cheap one) and I used that a lot after she was 6 months old, so with my son I got an Ergo baby carrier and skipped the whole stroller situation. Besides, I liked the single stroller I had for my daughter (baby trend jogger, they're not that heavy, easy to push, and for going up stairs the big wheels make it easy to turn them around and just haul them up, but not while the baby is in it because of safety issues.) The Ergo was lightweight, easy to put on, easy to wear, didn't bother my back, and my son really loved it. The Ergo weighs something like 1lb if that, they do have sunshields (really) and are far easier to move around corners than any stroller on the market.

After a baby can sit up (about 4-6 months) you can get any stroller out there without worrying whether it lays flat or not. So you can find an ultralight one. Also you can go on craigslist and find one that someone is getting rid of fairly easily. Link one weighs 14lbs for instance, link 2 weighs 11lbs, link 3 is 8.8lbs!, but you wouldn't be able to put a baby in it until they were able to sit up (6 months easily). Then you'd be able to use it until your child was 50lbs (which typically is 5+.) So by putting off buying a stroller at all for 6 months and using a baby-chest carrier instead for the newborn stage, you basically would be able to get a very light stroller that would last the rest of the infant-toddler-preschooler years.

But to point it out, even now if I'm going in a store where a stroller would be hard to handle in and out or too bulky, I put my son in the Ergo and he happily rides on me while I look at the books and such. He's nearly 2. Most babies don't outgrow the Ergo until 1 years old at the earliest. And your hands would be free to hold onto the handrails walking up the stairs rather than trying to balance a stroller and carrying a car seat to boot up the stairs. Far safer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment