Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros and cons of your stroller?




~Kaylee El


What stroller do you have, and what do you love and hate about it? Would you recommend it to a first-time mom? I'm due in less than 7 weeks and getting slightly overwhelmed by stroller/carseat/travel system options. I liked Chicco until I heard that babies tend to sweat in it... mine will essentially be a summer baby. I liked Baby Trend until I heard that it was really narrow... I have gestational diabetes so I have to prepare for a big baby. I like Graco Metrolite so far, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... lol
I do plan on wearing my baby, but I also want a stroller.



Answer
I had a travel system with my first and I didn't like it. The strollers with travel systems are so bulky. The one I had, cosco, was awful! It was hard to steer, so whatever you decide to get be sure to test drive it. Have a clerk get it off the shelf for you so you can try it out, put something with weight in it so you can feel what it will feel like with a baby. Added weight makes a huge difference with how well a stroller can steer. I ended up using an umbrella stroller after a few months and I never went back to the cosco stroller I had. I completely recommend an umbrella stroller, they are cheap, efficient, light weight, get the job done and easy to get in and out of the car.

I have a double baby trend stroller which I love. I don't use it much, but I do like it. And I have a baby trend infant seat, out of the three infant seats that I've had it's by far my favorite. The nice thing about baby trend infant seats is the way the straps adjust. Most car seats you have to remove the straps and adjust them every time your baby grows, however with baby trend there is a dial on the back that you just turn when your baby grows meaning you never have to hassle with removing and adjusting straps.

Recommended travel systems for baby?




Meems


I am pregnant with my first child and have recently begun looking into travel systems. I understand the pros and cons of travel systems and am wondering if anyone can recommend a specific model that they liked. I have heard good and bad reports on the durability of Gracos and the models I looked at in the store seem to relay on a single plastic clip to hold the infant seat on the stroller. Pushing on the back of those infant seats tipped them easily. The Eddie Bauer adventure travel system had the clip in addition to a metal bar near the feet and seemed to hold the infant seat much better. I also liked that E.B. had metal buckles instead of plastic. Any thoughts or suggestions? I plan on having more children so I need something that will last.
If you have any links to the safety ratings of these systems that would be appreciated as well.



Answer
Graco classic pooh travel system <3!!!

i love it!! this is my rating on target.com (they have the best user ratings from normal people like you and i who have used the products firsthand.)

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=bxgy_cc_img_b_1041924/602-2040454-2123853?asin=B000HQJLU2

"When I went out stroller searching, I wanted to find something somewhat lightweight (I'm the size of a middle-schooler :P), easy to transport, space-saving in a car, and easy for my baby to get from car to stroller.

With this stroller, I got all that and more!..."
(that was my rating ontarget.com)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment