Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Typical cost of baby items?




jenn_LT


I'm writing a paper on newborns and cost. I've been researching, but I'm having some time figuring out figures for common large baby items. Such as crib, changing table, car seat, stroller, diaper bag, etc. I know the costs vary alot depending on location and quality, but what is a general price range per item? Not the cheapest of the cheap, but not gold plated either. What do you think is the average spent total?

Thanks!



Answer
Crib set including crib, changing table, and dresser $300-$400
Carseat $100 but can go as high as $200+ mine was $125
Stroller $100-$150
Travel system (stroller and carseat combined) $200-$250
Baby bedding $250 (I want to know where you buy beding for $50)
Matress $75-$100
A good unexpensive diaperbag $50
box of 92 count diapers $18
22oz can of formula that last maybe 5 days $25
big box of wipes of 1000 count $10

should I have a baby shower or not?




mommy lita


I am due in February 22, 2009 so the baby shower would have to be soon. She told me to pick either the baby shower or for her to use the money she has for the baby shower to buy things I need for the baby like the traveling system and the bassinet I want. What would you pick?


Answer
I would pick getting the things I want, just because at baby showers (usually) people dont go all out to get a $100-300 bassinet or traveling system. People usually stock you up on diapers, clothes, bottles, bibs, etc. However, you do get a lot more things at baby showers, and its just a fun time to bask in the attention you get while youre pregnant. Free food too! If youd really like to have the shower, I suggest you hint on the invitations that youd appriciate gift cards or money towards the items of your choice(or just put down a registry).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment